PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: How do I know if my picture is 640 x 480 pixels? - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I know if my picture is 640 x 480 pixels?

#1 User is offline   JeanE 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:06 PM

I want to submit a photo to PC's monthly contest for best picture. It has to be no larger than 640 x 480 pixels. How can I tell what size my photo is? How do I reduce it (if necessary)......I use PIP for my photo work. The "properties" of the picture says: size - 531 KB which tells me nothing about pixels. Is there a way to find out about the pixels? Thanks. Jean

#2 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:47 PM

Hi JeanE. There are two things you can do.

- Open Windows Explorer (Right Click My Computer and click Open) and navigate to where that particular picture is located.

- Once you get to that folder, Windows Explorer will give you the specifications of that picture. For example, I am looking at a icon now that shows one of my pictures as 1024x768.

- Now, if you do not see this immediately, click on View and Tiles. This will arrange everything with a small icon for each file or folder.

Now, if the file is to big and needs to be reduced, you can use Easy Thumbnails to reduce the size of the image to the desired size.

#3 User is offline   GARFIELD1943 

• Pip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:01 AM

Good morning JeanE

The information that mphenterprises gave you was good advice and Easy Thumbnail is a very good picture resizing program, but MWsnap is an equally good program and it's freeware. It's very user friendly and intuitive. The built in help screens are excellent as well. I have several different photo resizing utilities on my computers but MWSnap is my favorite.Here's the link for MWSnap homepage www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html Try it. You'll like it:-).

:-)Jerry Walch:-)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users