PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Ten Tips for Hassle-Free Tech Merchandise Returns - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ten Tips for Hassle-Free Tech Merchandise Returns

#1 User is offline   PCWorld 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: PCWorld BOT

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

Post your comments for Ten Tips for Hassle-Free Tech Merchandise Returns here

#2 User is offline   sly100101 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:20 AM

This year I was unfortunate enough to have two broken gifts. One was from staples, a water cooler, with a hole in the bottom, leaking all over the floor. I purchased it from staples online I though it would be easy enough to have them pick up the broken one and send me a new one. Because I purchased it on my staples card and didn't have enough credit for the replacement I decided to take the cooler to the local store which they gladly replaced with a new one albeit a different brand. But there seems to be a problem with the new one. So I called staples and asked if they could pick up the new one and send me another one in hopes the 3rd time would be the charm. But because I got the last one from the store they were the only ones that could take the return. So now I have to lug another cooler down to the local store and get a refund and then I might go ahead and order another one hoping for the best. So if you buy online you can return it to the store but not the other way around.

#3 User is online   sjeffreya2 

• Pip

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

Actually I have been quite fortunate buying on and off line. I would say 90% of that is due to buying from established merchants. What I do now however is when a package arrives I do not leave it on my desk for a week. I immediately set-up, install, add-on or what-ever I'm supposed to do with it. This way if there is a problem I'm on top of the situation. If it is a computer part I will try it in my back-up machine to make sure it is the part and not my computer. If it is something else I will try to test it. I keep all my paperwork and packing and my receipts. I immediately call for an RMA # and with a marker write it down ON THE BOX. Then in pen on every piece of paper referring to the sale. Then I send the box insured, signature required with everything that came in it and have never had a problem with returns. It is important to say, keep all manuals, CD's, extra wiring etc. in the box until the return or warranty date has expired.

#4 User is offline   jimc473 

• PipPip

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:49 AM

I bought a 22 widescreen Mag Innovision (flat screen monitor ) a few months ago from best buy here in Maine. It had a line through the middle of the screen and was defective. I tried to bring it back to best buy and they acted like i had two heads ( were sorry but you must contact Mag Innovision to get a refund or exchange) Best Buy had washed there hands of it needless to say I no longer shop there for anything. So anyway getting to the point I called Mag Innovision and was told they had to have me ship it to them along with the reciept to them and they wounl then fix it. Anyone else seeing anything wrong with sending my New flat screen and reciept to them in blind hope that I would ever see either again. Needless to say buyer beware I will never shop at Best Buy or buy any flat screen anything ever again thanks to them.

#5 User is offline   number6 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

Wow, [~55881], with policies like that, how can you lose? Way to go.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users