PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Saving scan pages into one file instead of individual files? - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Saving scan pages into one file instead of individual files?

#1 User is offline   yoko 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:13 PM

Instead of having to save each page I scan as individual files (difficult to attach several page transcripts as individual files since I havent been able to attach folders), I need to scan each page into one file so I can upload as one file instead several files (one for each page). I utilize Adobe PDF, Windows XP as my OS, and Foxfire as my browser. Oh, my scanner is Lexmark x1270

I know the answer may be easy but some reason, it has escaped me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have the same problem with my digital photos from my Canon. Each pic is an individual file and can be placed into a folder but when uploading, it has to be uploaded as separate files for each picture.

thanks

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:24 PM

Hi yoko, I have an HP All-in-One. I have a folder labeled MY SCANS and all my scans go into this folder. Anyway, I'm not sure if this will work or not. Once you open a folder for a multiple page scan and scan in the documents, You can then try and and open them in your word processor. If you can, you should have all the pages you scanned in. You can go ahead and number the pages, then Open a new file in My documents and save to that file name. When you open your e-mail, you should be able to attach the entire file. There is probably an easier way and as I said I'm not all that sure this will work. With Adobe, I haven't really worked with it except to open PDF files at times and if it can be done with Adobe, the receiver would also have to have Adobe to open the files. As for pictures, I have Verizon FioS w/ MSN Premium. I have a share photos button in my e-mail with which to do this and can add them directly to my letter rather than as an attachment. I tried to send a Video once, but it exceeded my file capacity. We're talking a lot of Mbs with Videos. The problem with attachments is that are usually limited to 3 or 5 from what I've seen and I can understand the frustration as I have been there. One last thing, love your avatar. coastie65

#3 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

I would suggest that if you can, scan the document directly into Word or some other program and then turn it into a PDF.

#4 User is offline   ytcyguy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

Use "Lexmark 1200 Series All-In-One Center" scanning/copy. I typically output to Acrobat Reader and select Black Text to keep the size smaller.

Then select "Display Advanced Scan Settings", look for "Output Options" about 60+% down the pop-up screen, and check "Scan multiple items before output (flatbed scanner only).". I didn't find it for a long time either!

Often the PDF output is large. I then just print to my CutePDF printer driver and that makes the output much smaller.

For landscape scans I use Word and then the Picture toolbar to rotate the image(s). Also change the Page Setup (in Word) to landscape.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users