PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Powerpoint 2007 crosshatching (texture fill) - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Powerpoint 2007 crosshatching (texture fill)

#1 User is offline   Gary43 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:54 AM

Does anyone know whether Powerpoint 2007 contains the same crosshatching feature that Powerpoint 2003 has? I'm trying to create a US map that I need in black and white as well as color. Powerpoint 2003 allowed me to fill out an area (like a State) with a fill that had both color and one of several types of diagonal lines or cross-hatching. The only thing I can find in Powerpoint 2007 is Gradients (which create color gradients) or "Picture or Texture" (which has only pictures and an assortment of color textures, but no lines/crosshatching of any kind). Any help appreciated.

#2 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

one word- photoshop, try it (no, it doesn't have to be adobe photshop)

ppt was designed for graphical presentations, not creation of images. Unless you are giving an in depth presentation on certian states and they need to stand out/be animated.

screenshots will help

#3 User is offline   Gary43 

• Pip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:44 AM

Thanks for the suggestion of a different program. It just is frustrating to have a feature that was on an earlier version of Powerpoint disappear (or at least I can't find it). We shouldn't have to go to a different program to be able to identify areas when printed in black ink only.

One option in Powerpoint 2007 that I found yesterday is to select a shape, right-click on it and select format picture, select fill, then picture or texture fill, then clip art. Choose a line or dot or even one of the pictures and click on OK. Select tile picture as texture, then change the Y scale to 50% or less. This creates a series of lines or dots or pictures that fills the shape. You can get additional somewhat pleasing results by also checking mirror type as horizontal (seems to work best), vertical, or both. However, this seems pretty cumbersome compared to Powerpoint 2003.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users