PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: How to get the Front Panel audio port to work with my new Sound Card. - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to get the Front Panel audio port to work with my new Sound Card.

#1 User is offline   SigitNurhadi 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

Hey guys. I recently upgraded my onboard audio with a new Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card. But I would like to get the front panel audio port to work with the new sound card as well. I would like to be able to use both the front panel audio port and the one on the new sound card on the back of my computer. I cannot redirect the audio cable that is usually attached to a port on the motherboard to the port on the new sound card because it is not compatible. Some people have suggest to get a different sound card that is compatible with the audio cable or change the computer case that has an audio cable that is compatible with my new sound card. But these options are not one that I want to pursue. Does anybody have other suggestions? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   mjd420nova 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:16 AM

If all you want is the audio portion and not the microphone, it would be easy enough to remove the wires on the little plastic connector for the tower cable to the front panel and using the sound card user manual, connect it to the sound card. Should only be three wires, one is either black, blue or brown, that's the common. The other two wires would be left and right audio, usually red and white. A little work with the mixer settings will help you make sure you get the left and right connected properly so the signal comes out the correct headphone.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users