Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is MagicJack Worth Buying

#1 User is offline   smilln4u 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

Has anyone used Magicjack and is it worth buying?

#2 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:42 AM

Hi Smilin and welcome to the PCWorld Communities. :D

First, some housekeeping. I have changed your Discussion title to give a clearer indication of your question. For future reference, please be as descriptive as possible in both the heading of your Discussion as well as the post itself. Also, since this question is related to a piece of hardware, I have moved this Discussion from the Reader Input Community into the Other Hardware Community.

Now, MagicJack is very real, very legal, and very possible. It is for making free local and long distance phone calls connected directly to your computer, similar to Vonage. The difference is that the device is connected to an USB port of your computer and then your phone is plugged into it.

It was featured on CBS not too long ago. Here is the write up about it. http://cbs3.com/cons...r.2.544511.html

I personally have not used it but I am definitely sure it is not a gimmick. There is at least one other member in here who has MagicJack. Please take a look at this Discussion regarding a recent issue one of our members with MagicJack. thread Maybe that person will give you some personal insight as to how well the device works.

#3 User is offline   ejsiii 

• PipPip

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:50 AM

hello,i have used it for 6 months.i like it.if you receive calls while your not on line it goes to your email account and you can play the message.and it's only $19.95 a year.now talk about saving money.it's clear like a regular landline and you also get a call log onscreen if you so desire.also a contact and call list.i use vista and have had no problems.i saw an ad on tv that lets you try it free for 30 days free.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users