PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Cannot View Pictures Sent in Emails Using Outlook 2003 - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot View Pictures Sent in Emails Using Outlook 2003

#1 User is offline   Ramji 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

Hi
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003. When ever I recieve any emails with pictures. I cannot able to see it. Instead I can only able to see "x" mark. The text in the email is okay. Only the pictures I cannot abe to view it. Anyone knows the solution please let me know.

Thanks
Ramji

#2 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:08 AM

Hi Ramji. Try this. Ask whomever is sending you these emails to send the pictures as attachments rather than put the pictures directly in the body of the email.

#3 User is offline   Ramji 

• PipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

Hi
Thanks for your reply. But some emails I may recieve from government bodies. So I cannot tell them to send as attachments. Even though its not actually an attachments. Its a some kind of html newsletter. I cannot able to view it. If you know the solution please let me know.

Thanks
Ramji

#4 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:45 AM

Okay, try this setting adjustment:

- Click on Tools -> Options

- Click on the Mail Format tab

- Click on Internet Format...

- Under the HTML Options section, make sure that there is a check mark inside the box next to, "When an HTML message contains pictures located on the internet, send a copy of the pictures instead of the reference of their location"

- Click OK twice to close both windows

#5 User is offline   Ramji 

• PipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

Hi
Under the HTML Options section, make sure that there is a check mark inside the box next to, "When an HTML message contains pictures located on the internet, send a copy of the pictures instead of the reference of their location" - Its already been ticked. But still I cannot able to see the pictures????

Rgds
Ramji

#6 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:05 AM

Interesting. Well, I wish I had more answers at this point. I was contemplating asking you to forward a copy of the email to me to see if I get the same result but since these are governmental emails, I did not even want to bother with that.

Another question just popped into my mind. Since you use Outlook to view your emails, you must have an internet based email that downloads ino Outlook. If you keep a copy of the email on the email server, do you see the same red x when you view the emails from there? (gmail for example)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users