• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unable to Play FIFA '06 within Windows Vista

#1 User is offline   kimolias 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

Hello,

I recently bought FIFA '06 and an LG E500 (www.lge.com/products/model/detail/e500.jhtml) laptop with (unfortunately) Windows Vista pre-installed.

Laptop model details (from under):

MODEL: LGE50

CONFIG: E500

M/N: E500 - L.AP12HS

I can't get the game work. I did all the microsoft updates and tried to run it under Windows XP (service pack 2) compatibility mode and still nothing..

When I start the game, the screen blanks out and in in windows in different resolutions (like it's trying to run the game in the resolution it needs) and after a few more winodws vista just pop's up and says the program crashed.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

#2 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

Hi Kimolias. First, I have changed your Discussion title to give a clearer indication of your question. For future reference, please be as descriptive as possible in both the heading of your Discussion as well as the post itself.

Now, I have some questions for you:

- What is the native resolution of your laptop?

- What resolution are you using?

- Do you have the option to test the game on another computer?

- Can you play any other games on this laptop?

- Have you tried to configure your laptop's resolution to suit the game's requirements prior to trying to play?

#3 User is offline   kimolias 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

First of all, thank you for your quick reply.. As for your questions:

mphenterprises said:

Hi Kimolias. First, I have changed your Discussion title to give a clearer indication of your question. For future reference, please be as descriptive as possible in both the heading of your Discussion as well as the post itself.

Sorry for that and thank you.. ;)

Now, I have some questions for you:

* What is the native resolution of your laptop?

* What resolution are you using?

What is the difference between native and the one I am using? Anyway, the current laptops resolution is 1280x800..

* Do you have the option to test the game on another computer?

Yes, I just tested the game in another Sony VAIO laptop (that I downgraded it from vista to xp) and it works fine..

* Can you play any other games on this laptop?

Unfortunately, I don't have any other game.. I personally don't own any games and the laptop and game is my friends..

Have you tried to configure your laptop's resolution to suit the game's requirements prior* to trying to play?

I just did with 800x600 and 1024x768 with no luck..

#4 User is offline   lilxkid24 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

Have you applied all the Fifa patches?

#5 User is offline   kimolias 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

lilxkid24 said:

Have you applied all the Fifa patches?

Hmmm.. Didn't even know this existed.. I'm just going to search for them.. If you know where they are, please post a link...

#6 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

kimolias said:

What is the difference between native and the one I am using? Anyway, the current laptops resolution is 1280x800..

The native resolution would be the original resolution that the laptop had when it was initially turned on. For example, the native resolution on my Lenovo T60 is 1680x1050. That is also my current resolution.

If I can remember, I had a similar issue when installing/playing NFL/NBA Live/NHL '08. I have a dual boot system (Windows Vista and Windows XP). If I remember correctly, when I tried to install NFL 2008 in Windows Vista, I had the same issue you have. When I switched Operating Systems and tried to install it in Windows XP, it worked fine. I switched back into Windows Vista and tried it again and, this time, it worked.

You confirmed that the game plays in Windows XP on another computer. A very interesting piece of information has arisen from some research:

http://www.easports....al.jsp?src=demo

According to this site, the only listed Operating Systems that this game supports are Windows XP or Windows 2000. If we take this at face value, this would indicate that this game is not compatible with Windows Vista. However, I also found something that contradicts this:

http://www.appreadin...rm.aspx?ID=5964

This site's header states Windows Vista Compatible Applications. This site claims that FIFA '06 is compatible with Windows Vista. I have never heard of this site nor can I speak of its creditability but the game, should work.

I am on EA's website now doing some more digging.

#7 User is offline   kimolias 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

[quote name='mphenterprises']
> [quote name='kimolias']
>
> What is the difference between native and the one I am using? Anyway, the current laptops resolution is 1280x800..
>
>

The native resolution would be the original resolution that the laptop had when it was initially turned on. For example, the native resolution on my Lenovo T60 is 1680x1050. That is also my current resolution.

If I can remember, I had a similar issue when installing/playing NFL/NBA Live/NHL '08. I have a dual boot system (Windows Vista and Windows XP). If I remember correctly, when I tried to install NFL 2008 in Windows Vista, I had the same issue you have. When I switched Operating Systems and tried to install it in Windows XP, it worked fine. I switched back into Windows Vista and tried it again and, this time, it worked.
[/quote]

Well, the laptop is not mine, so I have no clue what was the initial resolution. I did however changed the resolution to 800x600 and 1024x768 with no luck..

[quote]
You confirmed that the game plays in Windows XP on another computer. A very interesting piece of information has arisen from some research:

http://www.easports.com/games/fifa06/editorial.jsp?src=demo

According to this site, the only listed Operating Systems that this game supports are Windows XP or Windows 2000. If we take this at face value, this would indicate that this game is not compatible with Windows Vista.
[/quote]

Yes, this information is also listed in the back side of the box.. Sorry for not mentiuoning.. The game is older than Vista, so it makes sense..

[quote]However, I also found something that contradicts this:

http://www.appreadiness.com/Lists/Logo/DispForm.aspx?ID=5964

This site's header states Windows Vista Compatible Applications. This site claims that FIFA '06 is compatible with Windows Vista. I have never heard of this site nor can I speak of its creditability but the game, should work.
[/quote]

Yes.. I also came to this site and followed the link it provided.. The link goes to the ea site with some steps which I did follow (running the game in compatibility mode and administrative privileges).. No luck there either..

[quote]
[/quote]

Then I searched for patches as the reply above and found this site:
http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/Fifa/06/

But the patch discribes that it fixes, somewhat, irrelative problems:

- USB keyboard incompatibility

- Saitek P2500 gamepad controller recognition

- PC controller Save Configuration

[quote]I am on EA's website now doing some more digging.
[/quote]

Thank you for your help.. I'm also digging around.. ;)

#8 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

mphenterprises said:

http://www.easports....al.jsp?src=demo

According to this site, the only listed Operating Systems that this game supports are Windows XP or Windows 2000. If we take this at face value, this would indicate that this game is not compatible with Windows Vista.

>
>

Okay, I could not find any concrete information on EA's website regarding the system specifications of FIFA '06. However, if we go strictly by the specs., the first FIFA game compatible with the Windows Vista Operating System is FIFA '08.

#9 User is offline   kimolias 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

Here is the error report (translated from greek to english using babelfish):

Name of incident of problem: APPCRASH

Name of application: fifa06.exe

Publication of application: 0.0.0.0

Time labelling of application: 4345bcca

Name of defective functional unit: StackHash_e52f

Publication of defective functional unit: 0.0.0.0

Time labelling of defective functional unit: 00000000

Code exception: c0000005

Shift of exception: 00000000

Publication of functional system: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

[Anagnoristiko] of local regulations: 1032

Additional information 1: e52f

Additional information 2: e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53

Additional information 3: 860f

Additional information 4: 6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635

#10 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

Okay, some more research.....I love Need for Speed Carbon. That game is not technically rated for Windows Vista; however, it plays seamlessly in Vista. As a matter of fact, it plays better in Windows Vista than it does in Windows XP...in my opinion anyway.

At this point, my suggestion would be to check for any updated drivers for the laptop's graphics card. I could not find any driver information on the LG/Siemens website. You may want to talk to your friend to see if he or she can contact LG/Siemens directly.

#11 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

Ahh, okay...you may want to take this information directly to EASports and see if anyone from within their forum can decipher that error string. Just from some initial hunches, the Code exception: c0000005 is significant. I found three sites that may lead to an answer:

http://www.forumtopi...pic.php?t=15541

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811270

http://www.daniweb.c...hread26827.html

There is a lot of information within these sites. Short of that, I would definitely take this error code and check the EASports forum to see if any of their technicians can decipher it.

#12 User is offline   kimolias 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

Yes, indeed the website has no information.. Although it shows an nVidia graphics card, thats more of a banner because the graphics card is an:

Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family..

LG's "Intelligent" Updater says I have the newest driver but in fact, I don't.. So I am right now downloading and installing it..

I had the 7.14.10.1244 and the newest is 7.14.10.1472.. I'm not sure if this will have any difference.. But let's see.............................

Nope.. Same thing...

#13 User is offline   kimolias 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

>mphenterprises wrote:Ahh, okay...you may want to take this information directly to EASports and see if anyone from within their forum can decipher that >error string. Just from some initial hunches, the Code exception: c0000005 is significant. I found three sites that may lead to an answer:
>
>www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=15541
>
>[http://support.micro....com/kb/811270]
>
>[http://www.daniweb.c...read26827.html]
>
>There is a lot of information within these sites. Short of that, I would definitely take this error code and check the EASports forum to see if any of their >technicians can decipher it.

Good suggestion.. If anybody is interested, here is the link to the forum post:

[http://forums.easpor...hreadID=395666]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users