PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Cannot Stop QuickPlay from Automatically Starting - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot Stop QuickPlay from Automatically Starting

#1 User is offline   colbylee 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

I have this same problem with my HP laptop. QuickPlay is an HP software that plays videos, runs the webcam etc. My laptop even has a button dedicated to starting the software. I've had no luck finding a solution to this annoying problem so if anyone knows what to do, please help!

-Colby

ps. I've reinstalled it and updated it (and the drivers to the buttons) with no luck. HP recommends going back to a restore point but that would make lose hours of software installs that I've done and must have. I'd rather uninstall QuickPlay than do that but when it works, its pretty convenient.

#2 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:46 PM

Hi ColbyLee and welcome to the PCWorld Communities. :D

First, since the Discussion you previously posted this message within is active (idle for about 3 months), I have branched your issue into its own Discussion. Even though your situation may appear to be similar, it is always best to open your own Discussion and allow as many of our members an opportunity to review your problem. Latching onto an active Discussion could potentially take focus away from the current issue.

Now, can you clarify when this application opens in your situation? This could just be a situation of file associations but we need more information before we can begin to troubleshoot this situation.

#3 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

QuickPlay is a program and can be uninstalled using the Program Uninstall feature of Vista. (Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall Programs [under the Program heading]).

There is also a QuickPlay Manager in which you can set a password, apparently to control the start of QuickPlay. If you are going to uninstall it anyway, try that first. It if works, then you just have to enter the password to use it, if it doesn't, then you said you were going to uninstall it anyway.

If you uninstall it and later decide to give it another try, you can download it from the HP support site under Software & Driver Downloads and then enter your system model number.

#4 User is offline   MichealBruklin 

• PipPip

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:27 AM

Oh, yes. QuickPlay is the program you can uninstall in the control panel. And, you may try some another meida player, Like Stormplayer, or some others else. they are better than QuickPlayer I think.

#5 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:38 AM

If you uninstall quickplay you still have two DVD players in Vista, Windows Media Player and of course Media Center. This of course would not prevent you from loading a third media player if you desire.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users