Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Touchpad Overly Sensitive on New Laptop

#1 User is online   mystelite 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:37 AM

Hi folks...I am a new laptop user and I have a question...Is there a way to "de-sensitize" the touchpad? To me, my touchpad seems overly sensitive and sometiimes I accidently seem to "click" on something when I don't want to...Other than using an actual mouse is there a setting I need to change and where would I find it...Thanks

#2 User is offline   AuroraDizon 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

Stry going to Start > Control Panel (in XP I'm sure Vista is similar), Then to Mouse. From there see if there is anyway to fix it. Otherwise get an external USB mouse they are pretty cheap and work better then using the touchpad that's what I do.

If you do get a mouse, my personal choice is a regular corded usb mouse that way I don't have to deal with the battery dying or having to recharge it, even though wireless one's are nice.

#3 User is offline   Adama 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

mystelite said:

Hi folks...I am a new laptop user and I have a question...Is there a way to "de-sensitize" the touchpad? To me, my touchpad seems overly sensitive and sometiimes I accidently seem to "click" on something when I don't want to...Other than using an actual mouse is there a setting I need to change and where would I find it...Thanks

Hi Mystelite,

I had a similar problem when I got my first laptop, in May of 07. The touchpad seemed really sensitive, and I was clicking on thing I didn't mean to click.

It kind of took me a little while to get used to its idiosyncrasies, but now it doesn't bother me anymore because I got used to it.

You can always try what Aurora suggests, that seems like a good idea too, if you like using a mouse.

#4 User is offline   mjd420nova 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

I can't stand those touch pads, I have the same problem with them. When I'm on service calls, I carry an extra optical mouse with a USB connector and a PS2 adapter to plugin when servicing users laptops. Nothing worse than those things. I sometimes have to resort to the keyboard (ALT-F4) to close things I opened by accident.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users