Left Mouse button doesn't work
Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:21 AM
My left mouse button (it is built into the computer) doesn't work...the right one does. I cannot open or close any windows. It does not restart, since the options for starting or restarting don't open.
I have a VAIO Sony computer with Vista.
Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:31 AM
I have moved this Discussion from the PCWorld Website Community into the Laptops Community.
The resolution may be as simple as a firmware update. Can you please provide the exact model number of your laptop so that we can point you in the right direction?
Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:01 AM
For models released Fall 2000 and later
The model name can be found on a small label located in one of the following places:
Notebook Computers: (see picture)
- On the bezel (frame) of the LCD display.
- On the LCD hinge.
- At the top left or top right of the keyboard.
Can you look in one of these locations to provide the model number?
Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:04 AM
The model number is in the upper left hand corner of the label. Please do not post any other information imprinted on the bottom of the laptop.
Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:15 AM
- Next to where it says, "File Category," click the drop down arrow and select Pointing Device
- Once that section appears, click on the Download File Now button for the Original - Alps® Pointing Device Driver.
- Depending on the browser you are using, select Run or Open instead of Save
- Once the installation is complete, restart the computer
If that does not work for you, please respond back.