PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: EA Cricket 2007 Doesn't Work in Windows Vista or Windows 7 Beta - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EA Cricket 2007 Doesn't Work in Windows Vista or Windows 7 Beta

#1 User is offline   moodybaaz 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

I have the same issue but I am running cricket 2007 on Vista SP1. I have tried the same on Windows 7 Beta with the same results.

In both cases, my game spends a couple of minutes trying to start up, but then fails to start.

Any help will be appreciated; otherwise, all the money that I spent on this game is pretty much worthless.

#2 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

Hi moodybaaz and welcome to the PCWorld Communities. :D

Since the Discussion you previously posted this message within has been idle for almost three months, I have branched your issue into its own Discussion. Even though your situation may appear to be similar, it is always best to open your own Discussion and allow as many of our members an opportunity to review your problem. Latching onto an idle Discussion could potentially leave your concern on the back burner.

As stated in the previous Discussion, and as you mentioned in your post, Windows 7 is still in BETA version. The game may not be compatible in Windows 7.

The best thing you can do is provide us with the following:

- What are the exact specifications of your computer, including Power Supply peak wattage? (You can find the Power Supply peak wattage on the inside of the computer on a sticker on the side of the Power Supply.)

- Do you get any error messages when the game tries to, but fails to, start?

- Have you ever been able to play this game in Window Vista?

- Have you tried to uninstall and then reinstall the game in either Operating System?

After doing a bit of research, I could not find any concrete indication that this game is compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7. The closest thing I could find was from Wikipedia that said, "Windows 2000/Windows XP or higher." I found a direct link to the Electronic Arts UK page for this game but there was no information there as well. There is a wizard that one can click on to determine if one's computer can run the game but that was not working.

#3 User is offline   rahulbhagchandani 

• PipPip

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:45 AM

hey sorry to say that but i checked it wid its configuration details nd it wont work wid vista.......as it wont work wid vista, it wont work wid 7 too......so u wasted ur money.....dis game wud only work on xp...!!!

#4 User is offline   jeffwindowsteam 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

Hey moodybaaz-
Have you tried running it in compatibility mode? Here is a Microsoft support page that explains how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927386
Cheers,
Jeff
Windows Outreach Team

#5 User is offline   katangputz 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

Check out the minimum and recommended system requirement for Windows XP Home and Professional editions than after facing problem related installation as well as game playing time time than just repair your or format your WinXP and install service pack 2 with latest directx new package.

Processor : 233 MHz1
Memory : 64 MB RAM2
Video adapter and monitor : Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
Hard drive disk free space : 1.5 GB or higher
DirectX : DirectX v6.1

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users