PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: will ever the recovery console in xp finish examining 76346 mb disk 0 at id 0 on bus 0 on atapi....? - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

will ever the recovery console in xp finish examining 76346 mb disk 0 at id 0 on bus 0 on atapi....?

#1 User is offline   diggindog 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

Yes, my windows xp home edition crashed recently,I'm trapped in such stage:"Examining 76346 mb disk 0 at id - on bus 0 on atapi..."under the screen: WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SET UP on a blue background.This was not suppossed to take more than at most 1 hour.Can anybody provide me a kind of guide to overcome this issue and success on booting my desktop?

#2 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

so you are trying to repair an xp installation... fun fun fun

in simple terms, something on the crashed disk is halting the recovery process

i would attempt to backup/recover all important files before repairing xp...

#3 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:24 PM

Was this part of the DSKCHK process during reboot that happens sometimes when Windoze crashes or when Windoze is not "shutdown properly"? Or is it really part of a recovery effort (either a Windoze repair using a Windoze install disk or using recovery in Windoze)?

#4 User is offline   diggindog 

• Pip

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:05 AM

Seems thatsome little visitors lately messed with the computer.I tried by repairing, i GOT THE MESSAGE UP THERE FOR ONE DAY AND A HAVE, then I tried reinstallation, but the computer doesn't boot from cd rom even when set to do so.Fortunately the comp's important content is already stored in a sfe media. Now, if i try now taking the hard drive to a friend's computer and connect it like a new volume and format it so i can put it back later and start the installation rightly from zero, What steps should I follow?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users