Rumored Apple Tablet is a Train Wreck
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:16 AM
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:19 AM
Me, I can't say I quite understand what Apple would achieve with a tablet. Outside the smartphone realm it seems like tablets never quite caught on. Maybe a media oriented one would be interesting, but why would I want to carry one around in place of a netbook or notebook, or an iPod touch? I'm not so sure.
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:26 AM
1. as the population is growing older and must use reading glasses a larger screen would be a great asset.
2. a tablet screen about the size of a paperback would open up an unlimited source of reading. the touch screen feature would really be great in combination to this.
3. 3 party vendors would be happy to design a stand that would work in the kitchen when accessing recipes or videos.
4. wifi enabled tablet could be carried easily around the house, used with earphones in any room, outside or within any wifi area.
5. portability and large enough to read full web pages is really the best of solutions.
6. the larger Kindle is limited in black and white.. a color full internet wifi enabled device would open up the user to infinite information.
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:27 AM
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:28 AM
Thank you Apple.
Founder of www.wayby.com
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:33 AM
The iPod was a trainwreck too, I suppose?
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:36 AM
Your argument as to why a product line which you (none of us does) don't know anything about will assuredly fail hinges on the fact that it presumably does not have a stand on the back? That's the strongest argument you can make?
My principal regret is that this little-substantiated piece of nonjournalistic fluff will likely drive lots of traffic to your site today, thereby presenting PC World's editors with the false delusion that this author is great for traffic. Don't fall into that trap .. Mr. Scalisi will embarrass you again.
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:39 AM
1) There are rumors that Apple will release a tablet soon. No one really knows what it'll do or for whom it's targeted.
2) So, let's just make up a bunch of stuff and then discuss why the made up thing will suck. And let's be snarky about it.
3) And then let's close by mentioning that maybe they'll do something unexpected that'll blow everyone's doors off.
I agree with some of the earlier community comments. This sort of sarcastic editorializing based on nothing remotely substantiated is just kind of pointless.
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:43 AM
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:44 AM
However, I appreciate Apple's stupendous achievement of reinventing the smartphone market with the iPhone. The commericial success of the iPhone is astounding.
I believe the Apple tablet will be very, very popular. It'll be almost as popular as the iPhone. Here's why:
1) It will take over and redefine the ebook reader market. The semi popular Kindle won't last long after Apple's tablet is released.
2) Apple's tablet will also take over the in-car GPS navigation market. Apple's cool graphics and usability will blow Garmin & TomTom away.
3) There are a fair number of people who would rather do most of their input with hand-writing recognition, rather than the keyboard. I think Apple's tablet will offer this feature.
If you add up the number of users in the ebook, GPS navigation. tablet PC markets, that's a lot of people. This will make Apple's tablet another run away success and a game changer.
That's how I see it any way. I can hardly wait til it's released, so we can see whose guesses were most accurate.
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:46 AM
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:49 AM