Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No flash video found

#1 User is offline   shiprock520 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:41 PM

I like to download from youtube and have the downloader. It's worked until today, I have many WWll and some music downloaded and use the FLV player to watch on my computer. Now I get a little box that says No Flash Video Found and I am unable to download. I uninstalled the downloader and reinstalled anew but get the same result. i haven't uninstalled anything else from my Vista HP with 2G of Ram. Any ideas or did Youtube do this

#2 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:07 AM

Hi shiprock. Well, Youtube may have done this. Some time ago, Youtube implemented a process that would prevent end-users from directly downloading the videos that they stream to their hard drives. I am not sure how much it has taken off but I do know it was implemented.

That being said, I have some questions for you:

- What is your primary browser?

- Do you have additional browsers?

- Do you have any add-ons in your primary browser?

- Have you gone to Adobe's Flash website to confirm that Flash is still installed in the primary browser?

#3 User is offline   tek101 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:24 AM

I have both IE 8 and FF 3.5.2 and they work fine with ..:
Youtube downloader ...::

download.cnet.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html

LFV player ...:

[http://download.cnet...-10267151.html]

Also with Adobe flash player 10 .

#4 User is offline   shiprock520 

• PipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:42 AM

Hi MPH, well not to be deterred, I used another downloader, called Flashvideo downloader, and was able to download what I was after, although this one seems a little slower. Both were from this website, so I'm back up. I just now tried the Youtube Downloader and it still gives the same reply. I just tried the Flash and it still works, so I'm thinking a bug somewhere, or my malewarebytes or Superanitspyware or this PSI might have quarentined or got rid of something. Running I.E 8, AVG and all the afore mentioned, and updated adobe yesterday before writing

#5 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

Thanks for the update. It's good that another application worked for you. If you feel like your situation has resolved itself, please mark this thread as Answered.

If you are partial to Youtube Downloader, my suggestion would be completely uninstall the application and then reinstall it again. The most recommended application to completely remove an installation of an application is RevoUninstaller which is free to download from here.

#6 User is offline   shiprock520 

• PipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

Hey Tek 101 and MPH I deleted the youtube downloader and went into Program files and deleted the file for it as Revo could not seem to find it although I keep it desktop. Then I downloaded from Download.com as PCWorld kept going 'cannot find...' and still got the original message no flash video found. But the good news is the other still works and I will go with that. And thanks for the options suggested.

#7 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

With pleasure. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

#8 User is offline   shiprock520 

• PipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

Just as an aside, I have an older HP with XP 1G RAM and I just tried it, going to Youtube clicking on a video and then ran the dowmloader like I always have and got the same identical message. Of couse this might mean I've gone stupid, wouldn't be the first time:)

#9 User is offline   smax013 

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

shiprock520 said:

Just as an aside, I have an older HP with XP 1G RAM and I just tried it, going to Youtube clicking on a video and then ran the dowmloader like I always have and got the same identical message. Of couse this might mean I've gone stupid, wouldn't be the first time:)

Also could be that YouTube changed how their system works which then messed up how the downloader you are using was able to get and download the YouTube flash file.

#10 User is offline   shiprock520 

• PipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

This morning a PCWorld email offered the same kind downloader. This I downloaded, got rid of the one I got yesterday and tried it. Nada. But the other still works.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users