• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Having Problems With My Email Account

#1 User is offline   Adama 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

For the past few months I've been having problems with my Yahoo email account.

These are the things I've been experiencing:

1 - Sometimes when I click to read an email, nothing happens, the email doesn't open.

2 - Sometimes when I click to delete my emails, again, nothing happens. I get a small blue bar that says "Loading" but nothing happens.

3 - Lately, when I try to get into my email account from my Home page, I get an Internet cannot... yada yada yada... msg. I have to click on the little house icon to refresh my Home page and then usually I can get into my emails.

4 - For the past couple of days, I've been trying to print an email. I highlight the email, then go up to my printer icon, click on Print Preview and when the Preview page opens, everything gets grayed out and I get a msg that says Windows has stopped working.... must restart program. I tried it twice yesterday, and once a little while ago and the same thing happened. I've always been able to print my emails with NO problems, and this is just driving me crazy!

Last week I checked to see if I had the correct Java update installed and I do, I have the Java 6, Update 16.

I'm still using Internet Explorer 7. Yesterday I tried it using FF and the same thing happened with my emails. So, I'm pretty much at a loss as to what to do... Do you guys have any ideas as to why this might be happening? Any suggestions?

As always, your assistance is appreciated.

Adama

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hey Adama, has your isp done any updates to their email service lately? I know that Micro$oft has done some security updates plus some additional ones. I don't think that should be an issue, but who knows. coastie
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#3 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:37 PM

View PostAdama, on 22 September 2009 - 10:14 AM, said:

1 - Sometimes when I click to read an email, nothing happens, the email doesn't open.

2 - Sometimes when I click to delete my emails, again, nothing happens. I get a small blue bar that says "Loading" but nothing happens.

3 - Lately, when I try to get into my email account from my Home page, I get an Internet cannot... yada yada yada... msg. I have to click on the little house icon to refresh my Home page and then usually I can get into my emails.

4 - For the past couple of days, I've been trying to print an email. I highlight the email, then go up to my printer icon, click on Print Preview and when the Preview page opens, everything gets grayed out and I get a msg that says Windows has stopped working.... must restart program. I tried it twice yesterday, and once a little while ago and the same thing happened. I've always been able to print my emails with NO problems, and this is just driving me crazy!

Last week I checked to see if I had the correct Java update installed and I do, I have the Java 6, Update 16.

I'm still using Internet Explorer 7. Yesterday I tried it using FF and the same thing happened with my emails. So, I'm pretty much at a loss as to what to do... Do you guys have any ideas as to why this might be happening? Any suggestions?

Adama

HellO sweetie !!

So, we're having problems with our email , are we ?? Well , If I were you , I'd switch as soon as possible to another e-mail provider ! Just Kidding LOL !!!

Adama , are you still with the old Yahoo or are you in the New version of Yahoo ?? If you are then , you can revert ba ck to the old version like this :
Screen shot :
Posted Image .

The image should explain. If not I will write it down for you.

When they asked me to switch over I refused for the simple reason that, it's still buggy. But , that's not your question , right ?

On opening an e-mail , you should have the use of a Print Button on the right hand side :

Posted Image

If you click on the Print button , you will get a screen that opens up and you can choose to configure it or just click on the Print.
Posted Image

Alternatively , In IE 7 or 8 and in Firefox , if you click on the "File" button (top left corner of the browser) you will also get a "Print Preview"
This is Firefox :
Posted Image

And , this is IE 8 ( for me but, the same for IE 7) :
Posted Image

Try it this way and see what you get out of it. If nothing from reverting back to old Yahoo or from the "File" in the browser then, (I should insert a joke right about now but, will refrain)
post back and we will see if one of those update for Vista is the culprit.

FLASHORN.

This post has been edited by Flashorn: 22 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#4 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

View PostAdama, on 22 September 2009 - 10:14 AM, said:

Adama

I forgot !!

And why is the Printer on all of the time ?? Resources that could be put to other use. You will have to post a Startup log so we can maybe save a few MB of ram and a few CPU cycles.

It might be time for a Fall clean up my Dear !!!

FLASHORN.

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#5 User is offline   Adama 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

View Postcoastie65, on 22 September 2009 - 10:27 AM, said:

Hey Adama, has your isp done any updates to their email service lately? I know that Micro$oft has done some security updates plus some additional ones. I don't think that should be an issue, but who knows. coastie

Hi Coastie!

Yeah, Yahoo has been doing some updating and now I have ATT and Yahoo as my Homepage.

Yahoo keeps sending me msgs that I should make them my Homepage, but they already izz! :unsure: :angry:

#6 User is offline   Adama 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:21 AM

Bonjour, mon amie!!! hehehee that's probably written wrong, but I love saying it anyway... :lol:

Well, maybe that's one of the problems, that Yahoo wants me to upgrade to their "new" version! But I REFUSE!!

My Vista is still the same, my Internet Explorer 7 still the same, my Yahoo is still the same. sheesh... the only thing that's not the same is me, I'm one year older! (last month) :o :rolleyes:

OBTW, to answer your other msg - my printer is on only during the day, not at night. This new printer I have is an Epson and it has the Energy Saving thingy so it puts itself to sleep when I'm not using it.

Thank you for all the good info, Flash! :D :x <3

#7 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

View PostAdama, on 23 September 2009 - 11:21 AM, said:

Bonjour, mon amie!!! hehehee that's probably written wrong, but I love saying it anyway... :lol:

Well, maybe that's one of the problems, that Yahoo wants me to upgrade to their "new" version! But I REFUSE!!

My Vista is still the same, my Internet Explorer 7 still the same, my Yahoo is still the same. sheesh... the only thing that's not the same is me, I'm one year older! (last month) :o :rolleyes:

OBTW, to answer your other msg - my printer is on only during the day, not at night. This new printer I have is an Epson and it has the Energy Saving thingy so it puts itself to sleep when I'm not using it.

Thank you for all the good info, Flash! :D :x <3

Hey sweetie !!

First off , HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! Hope you had Very Good One. (could've let us know)

Posted Image

AND here's one for your collection along with the site address :

http://fantasyartdes...hp?srt=3&best=1

Posted Image

OK, if you are still having problems , why not give this little add-on for either IE7 or 8 and Firefox. "HP Smart web Printing"

http://www.hp.com/gl...b-printing.html .

It works in XP Vista and Windows 7. There's a short video .

OH , and yes , it's spelled correctly, Thanks and Bonne Apres-Midi a Toi, Adama !!!

FLASHORN.

PS > It's still a good idea to have a Fall cleaning. Just ask or start a new thread if your up to it.

This post has been edited by Flashorn: 23 September 2009 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image

Patience is Life.

#8 User is offline   Adama 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

LOL Merci e vous!! :lol:

OBTW, your images are not showing up... one more bug in the system?

#9 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

Hey Adama, I'm seeing his images. That could be a browser issue.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#10 User is offline   Car54 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

About 40 minutes ago I was not seeing the images, now I am. :blink:

By the way, Happy Birthday, or belated Birthday? Adama :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users