• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trouble Watching Youtube Video's

#1 User is offline   techie4fun 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

I've been having a problem watching YouTube video's in Firefox. Some video's download and begin playing without any problems, but other video's don't load at all. I have the latest version of Adobe Flash. Internet Explorer 7 plays YouTube without a hitch.

I have disabled all my Firefox add-ons and cleared the cache several times, but no success.

I'm also running a 1.5 mbps DSL Connection from Qwest.

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:33 AM

Hey techie, Iam using IE8 and for the most part have no problems. I blieve you may be blaming the browser for a youtube problem as I have encountered that as well on some videos. In most cases, it will show that it is loading but that is it. I will wait for a minute or so, then click on the Video progress thing and move it a little forward and then the Video will play. After that there is no problems. Go figure.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#3 User is offline   techie4fun 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:36 AM

View Postcoastie65, on 02 October 2009 - 08:33 AM, said:

Hey techie, Iam using IE8 and for the most part have no problems. I blieve you may be blaming the browser for a youtube problem as I have encountered that as well on some videos. In most cases, it will show that it is loading but that is it. I will wait for a minute or so, then click on the Video progress thing and move it a little forward and then the Video will play. After that there is no problems. Go figure.

You're probably right about me blaming the browser. I just opened a video in Internet Explorer and am having the same problems... soo :P I'll play with it.

Note to Flashorn: Could this be a problem with Sandboxie? I just played a video in Firefox unsandboxed and the video played fine.

However, I found another video that won't play correctly and I'm running Firefox unsandboxed. This appears to be an issue with YouTube.

This post has been edited by techie4fun: 02 October 2009 - 09:54 AM

#4 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:33 PM

View Posttechie4fun, on 02 October 2009 - 09:36 AM, said:

View Postcoastie65, on 02 October 2009 - 08:33 AM, said:

You're probably right about me blaming the browser. I just opened a video in Internet Explorer and am having the same problems... soo :P I'll play with it.

Note to Flashorn: Could this be a problem with Sandboxie? I just played a video in Firefox unsandboxed and the video played fine.

However, I found another video that won't play correctly and I'm running Firefox unsandboxed. This appears to be an issue with YouTube.

Hey techie !!

I don't really play YouTube videos (no time) but, it has also happened to me a few weeks ago with Firefox. I too, am using IE 8 and I tried that same video
with IE 8 and got the same results so, I don't think it's the browser OR the sandbox. I have watched videos Sandboxed in Flash and did not get this
problem. I think the Video itself would be the culprit in this case.

Have you tried Firefox in Safe Mode ?? NOT the f8 safe mode, the one that is in your Start > "All Programs" along side the Firefox you normally use. The Safe Mode Firefox
will disable ALL of your add-ons . I am using it as I write to test it out. I have NO add-ons working but, the browser's Safe mode works perfectly well.
When activating this config. you will get this message :
Posted Image .
Just click on the "Continue in Safe Mode" button, otherwise , you will permanently disable ALL of your add-ons in your Regular Firefox as well.

OK, I just tried to play a video in Firefox Safe mode and it played perfectly. You should try it. I just can't believe how Fast this thing is in safe Mode without all of
our usual add-ons.

Could you formulate the link to the video in question in your next post or if it's of a personal nature , just send me the link in a PM.

I'll try my regular Firefox in Sanboxie again and surf over to YouTube . I'll let you know how it went but, as I mentioned before, I have never encountered
a problem in Sandboxie other than when the Size of the video was to big for Sanboxie to handle.

FLASHORN.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#5 User is offline   techie4fun 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

I HAVE tried running Firefox in Safe Mode (Without Add-ons), but there wasn't any change.

Links:

I can also give you any random video with the same result.

I'm thinking this issue deals with insufficient bandwidth, since YouTube as a whole is used by users world wide on a constant basis.

Who knows... :huh:

#6 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:55 PM

View Posttechie4fun, on 02 October 2009 - 01:54 PM, said:

I HAVE tried running Firefox in Safe Mode (Without Add-ons), but there wasn't any change.

Links:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uslytyVrWFw

I'm thinking this issue deals with insufficient bandwidth, since YouTube as a whole is used by users world wide on a constant basis.

Hey techie !!

OK, is this the video you were trying to watch ?

Posted Image

I had absolutely no problem in watching it (nice voices BTW). I have FlashBlock but, as soon as I
clicked on the arrow to aalow the video , it started right away.

You mentioned theat you have a 1.5 mbps DSL Connection from Qwest.
I have a 10.2 Mbps line so, that might have something to do with it.

FLASHORN.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#7 User is offline   techie4fun 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

View PostFlashorn, on 02 October 2009 - 02:55 PM, said:

View Posttechie4fun, on 02 October 2009 - 01:54 PM, said:

Links:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uslytyVrWFw

Hey techie !!

OK, is this the video you were trying to watch ?

Posted Image

I had absolutely no problem in watching it (nice voices BTW). I have FlashBlock but, as soon as I
clicked on the arrow to aalow the video , it started right away.

You mentioned theat you have a 1.5 mbps DSL Connection from Qwest.
I have a 10.2 Mbps line so, that might have something to do with it.

FLASHORN.

Yep, that's the video, and we've got quite the Choir.

I didn't take my internet connection as possibilities, but this could be it. I also have Flashblock.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users