Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flash Video Is Very Choppy Watching flash video is choppy

#1 User is offline   stevebassett 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

Within the last month or so, I have notice that watching flash video is consistently choppy. The audio is fine, just the video is painfully choppy. I validated that I have the latest version installed. The video is choppy on IE8, FF3.5 and Chrome. I would like some help troubleshooting this.

A few other details: I am running Vista Home Premium on a Toshiba laptop that is 10 months old. My son has a Compaq laptop also 10 months old and we both share a Qwest 5MBps connection. He has no problem.

I know that it may be that my internet configuration is not set optimally, but I don't know how to research that, though I will say I am pretty advanced technically. I know it may also be another program running that is consuming system resources.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

View Poststevebassett, on 11 October 2009 - 08:17 PM, said:

Within the last month or so, I have notice that watching flash video is consistently choppy. The audio is fine, just the video is painfully choppy. I validated that I have the latest version installed. The video is choppy on IE8, FF3.5 and Chrome. I would like some help troubleshooting this.

A few other details: I am running Vista Home Premium on a Toshiba laptop that is 10 months old. My son has a Compaq laptop also 10 months old and we both share a Qwest 5MBps connection. He has no problem.

I know that it may be that my internet configuration is not set optimally, but I don't know how to research that, though I will say I am pretty advanced technically. I know it may also be another program running that is consuming system resources.

Any help would be appreciated.

the best advice i have is to clear out the system startup (start > run > type 'msconfig' no quotes > startup tab)
be sure to leave your antivirus/antispyware/touchpad enabled and uncheck everything else

save your work and reboot

when logging back in, a notification box will pop up saying the system is running in diagnostic mode, just select the dont show this at startup checkbox and click ok

i should note, with most computers, the internet connection is pretty much optimal on Ethernet (you can't change much in the config anyways)
wifi on the other hand, not all wifi cards are set up equally...

set your laptop to high performance when playing flash video (click on the battery once and select high performance)

on what sites do you get choppy flash video? megavideo/youtube/hulu/metacafe/etc.???
Even the experts started out as beginners

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users