PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Converting Video Files From My Blackberry To Play On Windows Media Player And Movie Maker - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Converting Video Files From My Blackberry To Play On Windows Media Player And Movie Maker

#1 User is offline   thekitty 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

I have many videos I have taken from my mobile phones. (Lg Envy and Blackberry Storm) I've transferred them to my computer (HP laptop with Vista) and I cannot get them to play on Windows Media, or able to make one cd through Windows Movie Maker. They are .3GP files and Media Player won't play them. Can you please tell me where and what I should download so I can get them converted? Thank you.

#2 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:54 AM

View Postthekitty, on 28 October 2009 - 08:02 PM, said:

I have many videos I have taken from my mobile phones. (Lg Envy and Blackberry Storm) I've transferred them to my computer (HP laptop with Vista) and I cannot get them to play on Windows Media, or able to make one cd through Windows Movie Maker. They are .3GP files and Media Player won't play them. Can you please tell me where and what I should download so I can get them converted? Thank you.

Hey thekitty !!

Welcome to PCWorld Community !

There are two ways of doing this. First , you can either download the Codecs needed to play those video files in Windows Media Player or
follow the advice and guide from Afterdawn : http://www.afterdawn...y_3gp_files.cfm .

The second option involves reformatting(converting) the video files. For this, I would use the free converter from Format Factory :
http://www.formatoz.com/index.html , to convert the 3GP. files to AVI. files so that Windows Media Player can play them.

If you have any questions or concerns, post back.

FLASHORN.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#3 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:24 PM

Hi thekitty and welcome to the PCWorld Communities. :D

There is no need to convert a .3gp file at all. I had the same issue not too long ago. However, I found out that both Quicktime and VLC Player play .3gp files.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   thekitty 

• Pip

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

Thank you! Where would the codecs be to download for Windows Media Player? I've looked through Microsoft's gobbly gook and I'm sorry, but I'm getting lost. I do know I can play these videos with Quick Time, but I'm trying to put these on a disc to safe through Windows Movie Maker and the program doesn't accept them as they are.
Thank you for your help!

#5 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:40 AM

View Postthekitty, on 01 November 2009 - 07:45 PM, said:

Thank you! Where would the codecs be to download for Windows Media Player? I've looked through Microsoft's gobbly gook and I'm sorry, but I'm getting lost. I do know I can play these videos with Quick Time, but I'm trying to put these on a disc to safe through Windows Movie Maker and the program doesn't accept them as they are.
Thank you for your help!

Hey Kitty !!

Well, as I said , you can convert them to .AVI and then , burn them to DVD and play them in Movie Maker. Use the free FormatFactory from my
post above.

If you want to play those files in Windows Media Player then, try this codec : VistaCodecPack by Shark007. It's name has nothing to do with
Vista specifically. I have been using this codec for XP , Vista and now with Windows 7. It will integrate with Windows codecs and not interfere
unless otherwise noted by Shark007 himself.
To read, download and install , go to : http://shark007.net/ .

FLASHORN.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#6 User is offline   FTYep 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

I knew there are so many apps that can help you to convert videos to almost formats. But if there are too many videos or too large, it will be slow and wasting time. And i used to meet one video convert software, it converts fast and easy, you can have a look at here The Video Converter.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users