Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows 7 Not Recognizing Flash Drive

#1 User is offline   mwlindsey 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

I am attempting to transfer files from my old computer with Windows XP to my new computer with W7. When I plug in my flash drive, the computer does not seem to recognize it. It froze up the first time I tried it and did nothing at all the second time. Can anyone help me with this?

This post has been edited by mwlindsey: 04 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

#2 User is offline   nav13 

• PipPip

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

View Postmwlindsey, on 04 November 2009 - 03:31 PM, said:

I am attempting to transfer files from my old computer with Windows XP to my new computer with W7. When I plug in my flash drive, the computer does not seem to recognize it. It froze up the first time I tried it and did nothing at all the second time. Can anyone help me with this?

What are your specs? do you have all your drivers installed?

#3 User is offline   Gmal 

• Pip

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hi, I had the same problem try going to control panel and then to computer management
and then disk management plug in your drive and assign it a drive letter and it should work OK.

gmal

This post has been edited by Gmal: 06 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

#4 User is offline   techie4fun 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:21 AM

Welcome to the forum ;)

I'm assuming your flash drive was recognized and worked properly with Windows XP. Can you confirm this?

You might have to find another means of transferring your files.

Edit: The problem could also be related to your USB Functionality and Windows 7. Can you give us the make and model of your computer?

This post has been edited by techie4fun: 07 January 2010 - 09:29 AM

#5 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

Have you tried a different USB port? I have an external USB Hard Disk that sometimes fails to connect, and I just have to unplug it and then plug it in again (possibly to a different port) to make it work.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#6 User is offline   jeffwindowsteam 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:19 PM

Can you find it manually? Have you checked to see if the appropriate driver is up to date and working?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users