Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Internet Connection In Safe Mode.

#1 User is offline   billicious 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

:unsure: I was going to run my antivirus in safe mode.However,when I restarted my PC in safe mode......there was no internet connection.I restarted my PC in normal mode and internet connection is fine.My OS is Vista.Pulling my hair out! Please help. Thanks! :D

#2 User is offline   compnovo 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

View Postbillicious, on 12 December 2009 - 09:15 PM, said:

:unsure: I was going to run my antivirus in safe mode.However,when I restarted my PC in safe mode......there was no internet connection.I restarted my PC in normal mode and internet connection is fine.My OS is Vista.Pulling my hair out! Please help. Thanks! :D

When you are in safe mode only enough drivers are loaded to run your operating system and the bare necessities. You didn't mention if you access the internet wirelessly or by ethernet cable, but it sounds like the drivers aren't loading for either your wireless card or your ethernet card.
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit

#3 User is offline   KStrawn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:19 AM

Try "Safe Mode With Networking". That may fix the problem.
Best regards,

-Kenny Strawn

#4 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

View PostKStrawn, on 13 December 2009 - 08:19 AM, said:

"Regular" Safe Mode does NOT load the network drivers and such, thus you will not have any network connections. As noted by Kenny, you need to use the "Safe Mode with Networking" option when you start up with the F8 key.
Good riddance PCWorld.

#5 User is offline   compnovo 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

View Postsmax013, on 13 December 2009 - 10:14 PM, said:

View PostKStrawn, on 13 December 2009 - 08:19 AM, said:

"Regular" Safe Mode does NOT load the network drivers and such, thus you will not have any network connections. As noted by Kenny, you need to use the "Safe Mode with Networking" option when you start up with the F8 key.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of Safe Mode with Networking. Kenny, I think I need to start giving you more credit.
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users