• You cannot reply to this topic

Windows 7 And Having To Login Twice

#1 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

this just started yesterday, but i think it might be a bug

i locked my win7 computer and had lunch (the screen turns off after 10 minutes) some 20 mins later, i return

**key thing here, i have locked the computer, i am not logged off**

i tried to access my computer... i entered the password correctly and then it showed the welcome, but then it brought up the login screen again... odd i thought
the only difference was the little red shutdown button was in the lower right hand corner...
i entered my password again and the screen faded to black for a second and then brought up the desktop, weird

and that same thing just happened again today, arrrrrrrrgh

bug perhaps? unknown glitch? quirky flux capacitor ;-) ?
Even the experts started out as beginners

#2 User is offline   backbuster 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

Sounds like you have selected; On resume, display logon screen in the Screen Saver Settings.
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.

#3 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

View Postbackbuster, on 13 December 2009 - 06:35 PM, said:

Sounds like you have selected; On resume, display logon screen in the Screen Saver Settings.

i haven't touched that setting once, but i think it might be default on the power options...

i like keeping my computer secure from the curious eyes of the passing wanderer at the studio i sometimes goto

and the computer doesn't go into standby or hibernate while im away (i keep it on all day)

but im looking to find what could be causing a double login prompt because that's not normal...

This post has been edited by crazy4laptops: 13 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

#4 User is offline   backbuster 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

View Postcrazy4laptops, on 13 December 2009 - 06:50 PM, said:

i haven't touched that setting once, but i think it might be default on the power options...

i like keeping my computer secure from the curious eyes of the passing wanderer at the studio i sometimes goto

and the computer doesn't go into standby or hibernate while im away (i keep it on all day)

but im looking to find what could be causing a double login prompt because that's not normal...

Thought it might cause you to have enter your password twice. Once to un-lock and then once for the logon on resume. I know from experience it is very easy to accidentally select logon when resuming, especially when you are adjusting the time setting for the screen saver with tap enabled on a touch pad.
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.

#5 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

View Postbackbuster, on 13 December 2009 - 07:02 PM, said:

View Postcrazy4laptops, on 13 December 2009 - 06:50 PM, said:

Thought it might cause you to have enter your password twice. Once to un-lock and then once for the logon on resume. I know from experience it is very easy to accidentally select logon when resuming, especially when you are adjusting the time setting for the screen saver with tap enabled on a touch pad.

there is no screensaver enabled on my computer, i have no clue what you mean by "it is very easy to accidentally select logon when resuming"

its not normal to have to do a double login, it has never happened to me in xp, vista, or win7 beta/rc/rtm

plus, im not resuming from anything (the computer is still fully powered on) the display just turns off after 10 minutes of idle

and since there is only one account, all i have to do is enter a password (normally once) to gain access to my desktop

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users