Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Microsoft Word 2000 In Windows 7 crashes

#1 User is offline   anspg49a 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

recently upgraded to a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit and now Winword 2000 does not run Excel and Access do

tried a download upgrade to my older install CD's from microsoft and it wont install says it cant find Winword

suspect that is because it is in programfiles(x86) and not program files as it was in XP

I really dont want to have to give mr gates any more money for an office upgrade I only use it occasionally

but also don't want to relearn another word processor

would be really nice to fix this

thanks

Dale

#2 User is offline   JerryRhino 

• Pip

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

View Postanspg49a, on 15 December 2009 - 03:11 PM, said:

recently upgraded to a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit and now Winword 2000 does not run Excel and Access do

tried a download upgrade to my older install CD's from microsoft and it wont install says it cant find Winword

suspect that is because it is in programfiles(x86) and not program files as it was in XP

I really dont want to have to give mr gates any more money for an office upgrade I only use it occasionally

thanks

Dale

Had exactly the same problem, Excel opens, Word does not. When I deleted ALL of the trial Windows Office Software from the new machine, Word 2000 worked.

This post has been edited by smax013: 24 December 2009 - 12:13 AM
Reason for edit: fixed quote tag

#3 User is offline   backbuster 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

According to Microsoft's Compatibility Center Office 2000 is not compatible with Windows 7 without an upgrade.
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.

#4 User is offline   anspg49a 

• Pip

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

thanks for the replies .... I have given up and installed Open Office .... I tried the upgrade route but it wont install I think because office 2000 is in the Program Files (86) folder .... I did have the New office demo uninstalled before I installed Office 2000 So Open Office is my solution cause I can't see giving Microsoft more money just to do the few home letters I do

thanks again for the replies

#5 User is offline   Woody120 

• Pip

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

View PostJerryRhino, on 23 December 2009 - 10:30 PM, said:

View Postanspg49a, on 15 December 2009 - 03:11 PM, said:

thanks

Dale

Had exactly the same problem, Excel opens, Word does not. When I deleted ALL of the trial Windows Office Software from the new machine, Word 2000 worked.

Man, your suggestion did the trick. Two brand new laptops with Win 7 Pro. Uninstalled Office 2007 Promo offer, then installed Office 2000 Pro. Everthing worked great except Word (I dont use Outlook). Went to installed programs and uninstalled additional office components that came with laptops "Office Live Add-in 1.3" and "Office Outlook Connector" and suddenly Word works great. Thanks for the tip.

#6 User is offline   LCaution 

• PipPip

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

Just adding my two cents. I couldn't get Word 2000-SR1 to work. I uninstalled Office Live and voilĂ  !

#7 User is offline   JB80120 

• Pip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

View PostLCaution, on 20 July 2010 - 10:47 AM, said:

Just adding my two cents. I couldn't get Word 2000-SR1 to work. I uninstalled Office Live and voilĂ  !

This is a fix that works *** My situation was a brand new computer with Windows 7 Starter and Office 2000 installed. Everything worked except Word. Word would freeze (not responding) whether I opened it directly or by double-clicking on an existing document. I had already tried uninstalling the Office "trial" packages, plus LOTS of other suggestions. The Office Live uninstall worked. Didn't have to reboot or anything. It worked right away. Hope this helps.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users