Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Humming Sound same

#1 User is offline   pleepazoid 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

My vizio gallevia hdtv makes a quiet humming/buzzing sound when turned on with volume off. I can hear it at nite when tv is turned down low. Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

View Postpleepazoid, on 30 January 2010 - 07:14 PM, said:

My vizio gallevia hdtv makes a quiet humming/buzzing sound when turned on with volume off. I can hear it at nite when tv is turned down low. Any suggestions?

Well, it is likely either a problem with the TV that needs a technician to repair...or it could be something that is cause "interference" with the TV's speaker system/electronics.

You could try unplugging everything else that is on the same electrical circuit as the TV and see if that stops the humming. If so, then try re-plugging in the various items one at a time to see if you can find what object causes the "interference".

The other possibility could be something that is sitting too close to the TV speakers. Do you have some sort of cordless or cell phone sitting near the TV? Anything also "powered" that is sitting near the TV?
Good riddance PCWorld.

#3 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:57 AM

View Postpleepazoid, on 30 January 2010 - 07:14 PM, said:

Hi, pleepazoid, and welcome to the forum.

Scott offered some very good advise. Here's some more: Check the cables going into it. One might be frayed or plugged in poorly.
Also, I'd like to ask a couple of questions:

1) When you refer to "at nite when tv is turned down low," do you mean when you're watching TV with the volume turned down so as not to disturb others?

2) How long have you had the TV? Is it still under warranty?

3) When did the problem start.

Lincoln

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users