Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IE 8 messed up my computer

#1 User is offline   oldguy12 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:10 AM

Appreciate the info on "FREE service from Microsoft for cleaning ALL parts of your PC" from Flashorn but it doesn't work without Internet Explorer and the reason I am in this mess is that after downloading IE8, IE won't connect to the internet. The window just closes. I restored back several levels and the connection still fails. For me to get to a registry cleaning option shows some desperation. The Uniblue scan shows 474 errors so I probably need to do something. Would appreciate a suggestion to either problem.

#2 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:27 AM

View Postoldguy12, on 08 February 2010 - 06:10 AM, said:

Appreciate the info on "FREE service from Microsoft for cleaning ALL parts of your PC" from Flashorn but it doesn't work without Internet Explorer and the reason I am in this mess is that after downloading IE8, IE won't connect to the internet. The window just closes. I restored back several levels and the connection still fails. For me to get to a registry cleaning option shows some desperation. The Uniblue scan shows 474 errors so I probably need to do something. Would appreciate a suggestion to either problem.

Hey oldguy12 !!

Welcome to PCWorld Community !

Since your problem is not related to this subject, I would suggest you start a new thread on this forum :
http://forums.pcworl...new_post&f=2019 .

You will more than likely get more replies and suggestions from some or most of the regular members.
I would also suggest that you provide us with more information and to be explicit. Please explain what
you mean by "I restored back several levels and the connection still fails". Also, the make and model of
the PC in use along with OS you are currently using with the SP if any.

We will wait for your questions.

FLASHORN.

This post has been edited by Flashorn: 09 February 2010 - 04:30 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#3 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:54 AM

Greetings! Welcome to the PCWorld forums!

I split your issue into its own topic so that it gets the separate attention it deserves.

For those that wish to refer to the original topic this was split from, you can find it here.
Good riddance PCWorld.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users