Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bsod Help 0000007e On Windows 7 X64

#1 User is offline   NoSmokingBandit 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

I've been running windows 7 x64 with no issues until yesterday when i got a BSOD for no reason at all (that i could determine, anyway). I didnt think much of it until it happened again today. The BSOD doesnt say theres a specific driver causing the error, it just says its an error 0000007E, then gives me a few more strings that i didnt bother to write down.

I can't think of anything i've done lately that would cause this problem, so maybe someone who knows more about it can help

http://cid-f6395523b.../BSOD%20Log.zip
I've uploaded the DMP files from yesterday and today, hopefully it helps. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   jeffwindowsteam 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:01 AM

View PostNoSmokingBandit, on 24 February 2010 - 10:42 AM, said:

I've been running windows 7 x64 with no issues until yesterday when i got a BSOD for no reason at all (that i could determine, anyway). I didnt think much of it until it happened again today. The BSOD doesnt say theres a specific driver causing the error, it just says its an error 0000007E, then gives me a few more strings that i didnt bother to write down.

I can't think of anything i've done lately that would cause this problem, so maybe someone who knows more about it can help

I've uploaded the DMP files from yesterday and today, hopefully it helps. Thanks!

Have you tried system restore?

#3 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

Which version of Windows 7 are you running? (ie: Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate).

What are the machine specifications (make and model))
Siggy Courtesy of Solar Wings
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   NoSmokingBandit 

• PipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

View Postjeffwindowsteam, on 24 February 2010 - 11:01 AM, said:

I could try that, but i havent really done anything that would change system files. I'll try going back a few days.

View Postrgreen4, on 24 February 2010 - 11:09 AM, said:

Its 7 x64 Ultimate.

I built the comp myself, its a GA-EP45T-UD3LR motherboard, Q8400 Cpu, 4gb Corsair DDr3@1333, eVGA GTX260 896mb, 700w OCZ mod xtreme psu. I've tested all the hardware extensively and have had no issues, so im assuming its a software issue. I'd reinstall windows but that a huge pita.

#5 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

View PostNoSmokingBandit, on 24 February 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

View Postjeffwindowsteam, on 24 February 2010 - 11:01 AM, said:

I could try that, but i havent really done anything that would change system files. I'll try going back a few days.

View Postrgreen4, on 24 February 2010 - 11:09 AM, said:

Its 7 x64 Ultimate.

I built the comp myself, its a GA-EP45T-UD3LR motherboard, Q8400 Cpu, 4gb Corsair DDr3@1333, eVGA GTX260 896mb, 700w OCZ mod xtreme psu. I've tested all the hardware extensively and have had no issues, so im assuming its a software issue. I'd reinstall windows but that a huge pita.

Have you implemented bit locker?
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   NoSmokingBandit 

• PipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

No, this is just a personal computer (ie no sensitive data on it) so i havent bothered with Bit Locker.

#7 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:24 PM

View PostNoSmokingBandit, on 24 February 2010 - 08:08 PM, said:

No, this is just a personal computer (ie no sensitive data on it) so i havent bothered with Bit Locker.

The reason I asked was that one reference referred to this happening if the Bit Locker was implemented after the chipset drivers were installed. You might download updated drivers from Gigabyte and reload the chipset drivers and see if that helps. Although it may not be related, it wouldn't hurt to update the video card drivers as well.

Although you shouldn't have to, it might help to make sure you have all your data backed up.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   asiafish 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:35 AM

I don't know what that code is, but with BSOD on any NT-based windows I always look at two things, device drivers and RAM modules. Since you built-it yourself I'm assuming its a desktop, so removing devices is easy enough, but if nothing has changed and everything was stable before, I'd probably start with the RAM modules. There are billions of addresses in each module, and all it takes is some application going to a specific bad address to BSOD the PC (or kernel panic a Mac/linux system). Try running on one module for a while or if you have extras, swapping them out one at a time, to identify a bad one.
-

"An atheist is just somebody who feels about Yahweh the way any decent Christian feels about Thor or Baal or the golden calf. As has been said before, we are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

Dr. Richard Dawkins from An Atheists Call to Arms, February 2002

#9 User is offline   NoSmokingBandit 

• PipPip

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

I just tested my ram with MdSched and i got no errors, so i looked in my tower to make sure everything at least visually looked ok (ie completely plugged in, plenty of air flow) and found that i have an old PCI firewire card in there that i completely forgot about (goes to show you i dont crack opent he case much, ahaha). This thing is ancient, could it be the cause of the problem? I suppose i could just take it out then wait and see if another bsod pops up, but thats an incredibly frustrating process. Any idea what 0000007e is all about? I've googled it and came up with a bunch of things regarding XP and an update, neither of which help me at all.

#10 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:33 AM

View PostNoSmokingBandit, on 04 March 2010 - 07:26 PM, said:

I just tested my ram with MdSched and i got no errors, so i looked in my tower to make sure everything at least visually looked ok (ie completely plugged in, plenty of air flow) and found that i have an old PCI firewire card in there that i completely forgot about (goes to show you i dont crack opent he case much, ahaha). This thing is ancient, could it be the cause of the problem? I suppose i could just take it out then wait and see if another bsod pops up, but thats an incredibly frustrating process. Any idea what 0000007e is all about? I've googled it and came up with a bunch of things regarding XP and an update, neither of which help me at all.

Very interesting. I did not know that tool was there. For those unfamiliar with it, on either Vista or Win7, click on start and then in the search box, type memory this will show the Windows Memory Diagnostic. Click on it and you are given a choice of rebooting and running it now, or on the next time you boot the computer. Running it is sort of like watching paint dry (especially with 4GB), but you can walk away. When it's done, it restarts the computer, and after you log in and the boot sequence is finished, you will get a pop up balloon with the results.

If the firewire card is not being used, I would remove it. It could be the cause. If not, you have still removed another variable in the mystery.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:18 AM

I didn't know that tool was there either. may give it a try sometime. Posted Image I have 6 Gb in here so maybe it will speed things up a tad.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#12 User is offline   NoSmokingBandit 

• PipPip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

So far so good, but now i have a new problem :angry:

Some programs refuse to start, instead they give a message about the "side-by-side configuration is incorrect." I've reinstalled VC 2005 and VC2008 to no avail...

#13 User is offline   NoSmokingBandit 

• PipPip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

I dont seem to be able to edit my post, so i'll bump this to say i've given in and just reinstalled 7. With the reinstall and the ancient firewire card gone everything seems to be working great. I even got in about an hour of BF:BC2 earlier and everything is pretty stable.

#14 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

View PostNoSmokingBandit, on 05 March 2010 - 04:38 PM, said:

I dont seem to be able to edit my post, so i'll bump this to say i've given in and just reinstalled 7. With the reinstall and the ancient firewire card gone everything seems to be working great. I even got in about an hour of BF:BC2 earlier and everything is pretty stable.

You only have a limited time to edit your post. The purpose of editing it really to correct mistakes...not really to post additional/new information per se.

So, if you have additional information, just add another reply as you did.

This post has been edited by smax013: 05 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

Good riddance PCWorld.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users