• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Fast Is My Internet Speed

#1 User is offline   Ericuse165 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

Can someone help me read and understand this. My download speed is 19.13 MBPS and my upload speed is 0.97 MBPS. I took a speed test from my ISP website. The download is anywhere from 19 to 25Mbps the upload is the same. I have Road Runner with power boost. It gives you a extra boost of download speed added on to the normal speed. I download apps and some music and it takes less the 10 secs and not even 1 sec for word docs. I guess I have a good internet speed and isp.
I have a small business where we fix and set up computers and networks for home users and businesses. I have Certifications in Information Technology and CNSS. My business just got certified with Microsoft and Apple. I have six partners that work with me and make us who we are where we say "Yes we can fix that and it is not fixed until it's Mlyo pc fixed".

If you would like to know more about me or my company feel free to send me a message and I will be more then happy to talk with you.

Erik
Mylo Corp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Sony VAIO E Series laptop
  • Intel Core i5-2450M Dual Core Processor 3MB
  • 2.50Ghz with Intel Turbo Boost Technalogy up to 3.10Ghz
  • Intel HD Graphics 300
  • 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
  • 240GB Samsung Solid State disk drive
  • Windows8 64bit

#2 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

View PostEricuse165, on 12 March 2010 - 07:31 PM, said:

Can someone help me read and understand this. My download speed is 19.13 MBPS and my upload speed is 0.97 MBPS. I took a speed test from my ISP website. The download is anywhere from 19 to 25Mbps the upload is the same. I have Road Runner with power boost. It gives you a extra boost of download speed added on to the normal speed. I download apps and some music and it takes less the 10 secs and not even 1 sec for word docs. I guess I have a good internet speed and isp.

since you're on a cable internet connection, your internet speed will vary because the total bandwidth at the demarc point for the neighborhood is shared (distributed) between your neighbors that have RR too

try speedtest.net if you're looking for a second opinion

enjoy your speedy internet... i too will be joining the super speed bandwagon soon with fiber based internet zoom zoom ;)
Even the experts started out as beginners

#3 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

View PostEricuse165, on 12 March 2010 - 07:31 PM, said:

19 Mbps is rather good for download. 1 Mbps for upload is pretty typical as well.

As was noted by another, you will find that your download speed will vary. You will find your connection will be slower during "peak" times as more people in your local area/neighborhood are online using their Road Runner connections since you all basically share an overall "pipe" for the neighborhood. If you get a lot of people in your neighborhood having the Road Runner service and using it, then you could in theory have dramatically slower connections speeds. Cable companies, however, have gotten at lot better at "balancing" their local subnets so that their customers tend to get the speeds that they should on a more consistent basis.
Good riddance PCWorld.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users