• You cannot reply to this topic

Monitor's Abnormally Slow Coming Up

#1 User is offline   Janisum 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

ERROR: res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#http://,,wfuhjy2r6y7t549 i-/
The above is a error message I got yesterday just after my monitor finally came up after 6 hours.
I have a Gateway FPD1730 1280 x 1024 max. resolution. It's one I got from a friend and have no hardware for it, only a manual and the troubleshooting for this problem isn't listed. It works ok some days and will come right up for me. I keep my system in standby mode when leaving it overnight.
The last couple weeks it will take the picture anywhere from 20 minutes to 6 hours to come up. It will do this with the light green or orange, doesn't matter. My computer seems to be making alot of noise almost like it's trying so hard for it to load up or something.
Yesterday, I figured I couldn't hurt it anymore than it is and I plan on getting a laptop soon anyway but do need this one in the meantime. I was pressing any and all keys on keyboard hoping that would trip something, but didn't. The cords are all fine and all outlets running good.
I'm afraid to put it on standby at night so last night I left my computer running as is and just turned the modem off using the btn. on front panel. When I turned it back on it was blank and took another several hours to come up. This error, or whatever came up and my settings all seemed messed up.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be going here? I have Windows XP-home, running I.E.-8, 128 bit. I hope I've given you enough info. but if not, I'm happy to supply with whatever you'd want to see. Thanks so much, in advance, Janisum
Janisum

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

View PostJanisum, on 23 March 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:

The above is a error message I got yesterday just after my monitor finally came up after 6 hours.
I have a Gateway FPD1730 1280 x 1024 max. resolution. It's one I got from a friend and have no hardware for it, only a manual and the troubleshooting for this problem isn't listed. It works ok some days and will come right up for me. I keep my system in standby mode when leaving it overnight.
The last couple weeks it will take the picture anywhere from 20 minutes to 6 hours to come up. It will do this with the light green or orange, doesn't matter. My computer seems to be making alot of noise almost like it's trying so hard for it to load up or something.
Yesterday, I figured I couldn't hurt it anymore than it is and I plan on getting a laptop soon anyway but do need this one in the meantime. I was pressing any and all keys on keyboard hoping that would trip something, but didn't. The cords are all fine and all outlets running good.
I'm afraid to put it on standby at night so last night I left my computer running as is and just turned the modem off using the btn. on front panel. When I turned it back on it was blank and took another several hours to come up. This error, or whatever came up and my settings all seemed messed up.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be going here? I have Windows XP-home, running I.E.-8, 128 bit. I hope I've given you enough info. but if not, I'm happy to supply with whatever you'd want to see. Thanks so much, in advance, Janisum

Hi. You might try this: http://fix.windowser...eed=ieframe-dll Don't know if will help or not, but might.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#3 User is offline   smax013 

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

I am not sure I fully understanding the full issue, but it seems like you might have two different things going on. I am not sure the error message you are getting is related to the monintor/screen "coming up".

Now, when you say the monitor does not "come up", do you mean that when you try to wake the computer from some sort of "sleep" mode, it takes forever for the computer to fully "wake up" and get you back into Windows? If so, do you have any sort of problem like this when you boot the computer up from being powered up?

As to the error message, does this message always happen when the problem happens? Or did it only happen the one time you turned the modem off?

And when you leave the computer sitting there, do you leave any programs running, especially IE? Or have you closed all programs when you leave the computer for the night?
Good riddance PCWorld.

#4 User is offline   Janisum 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

View Postsmax013, on 24 March 2010 - 08:17 AM, said:

I am not sure I fully understanding the full issue, but it seems like you might have two different things going on. I am not sure the error message you are getting is related to the monintor/screen "coming up".

Now, when you say the monitor does not "come up", do you mean that when you try to wake the computer from some sort of "sleep" mode, it takes forever for the computer to fully "wake up" and get you back into Windows? If so, do you have any sort of problem like this when you boot the computer up from being powered up?

As to the error message, does this message always happen when the problem happens? Or did it only happen the one time you turned the modem off?

And when you leave the computer sitting there, do you leave any programs running, especially IE? Or have you closed all programs when you leave the computer for the night?

I am so sorry it took so long to get back with you but I had my computer down for quite sometime. My system seems to come out of standby very slowely. I can hear alot of noise but can't see anything until it decides to change from a black screen to "ah" my homepage!!! I must have some startup programs I don't need that may be using all the resources up? I don't know what I need and don't need and afraid to remove a program for fear it will affect my other needed programs. Yesterday, it took 4 hours before my monitor screen came up. I'm afraid to go into any kind of suggested help sites for fear it's not safe. To be honest.. I'm having a real hard time trusting the web and my browsing it. Thanks to all of you for your help and advice. I appreciate it all.
Janisum

#5 User is offline   smax013 

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

View PostJanisum, on 21 April 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

I am so sorry it took so long to get back with you but I had my computer down for quite sometime. My system seems to come out of standby very slowely. I can hear alot of noise but can't see anything until it decides to change from a black screen to "ah" my homepage!!! I must have some startup programs I don't need that may be using all the resources up? I don't know what I need and don't need and afraid to remove a program for fear it will affect my other needed programs. Yesterday, it took 4 hours before my monitor screen came up. I'm afraid to go into any kind of suggested help sites for fear it's not safe. To be honest.. I'm having a real hard time trusting the web and my browsing it. Thanks to all of you for your help and advice. I appreciate it all.

You did not really answer my questions.

You keep referring to "standby", which suggests that you are using some of the "power options" to put the computer to sleep/standby or hibernating the computer rather than having these problems when it boots up...but it is still not clear if you have this type of problem from a "cold boot" (i.e. the computer is COMPLETELY powered down and it takes forever for it to fully boot up to Windows). These are two completely different issues and likely would have VERY different potential solutions.

Thus, we kind of need to know if this ONLY happens when you try to wake the computer from sleep/standby mode...or if it also happens when you boot the computer up from being completely powered down.
Good riddance PCWorld.

#6 User is offline   coastie65 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

View PostJanisum, on 21 April 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

View Postsmax013, on 24 March 2010 - 08:17 AM, said:

Hi Janis, Ok the first thing is, I would not put a link in that I have not already visited myself. The second thing is this that caught my attention: "When I turned it back on it was blank and took another several hours to come up. This error, or whatever came up and my settings all seemed messed up." What settings were messed up? The Graphics/Resolution settings?
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#7 User is offline   gail100 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:17 AM

First, please beware of replies on forums that make you panic, give you complicated info or/and a link for something that will cost you money.

I have usually found that all my big scares ended up with a very simple solution.

I’ve had both the “WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH” and the BLACK SCREEN problems. What I call black screen is when the LCD monitor TAKES AGES to display anything on startup, or after a period of sleep.

For me, both (white, black) turned out to be the same problem.

This time – the black screen –, I didn’t at first think of my old white screen solution, and almost took my screen and PC to the repairs! Then I remembered... and it’s SO simple!

Try this:

- Click on your PC’s ‘Start’ button (left bottom corner).
- In the writing space, type: “ config “
- Click on : System configuration
(This is the startup options menu)
- Tick “Selective startup” if it wasn’t already ticked
-> Tick “Load system services”
- Now click on the top tab “Startup”
- LOOK at all the services listed and think about them: do you really need all these services (Adobe, QuickTime, RealPlayer, Java, etc) to be all “prepared for action” already at startup point? Of course not! When you need them, you’ll open them then.
(NB: I do leave Intel ticked (it controls the screen display) and a couple others that I’m sure to need right away, like Google).
- So, UN-TICK all else than what you know you’ll need each morning.
- Click OK.

Next morning on startup, you’ll see the difference: quick startup, LCD monitor displaying immediately too!

MORE DETAILS :

When I had the “white screen of death” trouble (always on startup), I saw TWO good solutions proposed online:

- One solution was to unplug all external hardware from the PC (like external drives that may be connected to it for backups) before going to bed. This helped a lot but not completely: I would still get white screens on startups sometimes, but less often than before.

- A second solution was to do as shown above (change config.), and then white screens started to appear even less often, AND less and less often, till finally they were never appearing anymore! I’ve been totally rid of them for 6 months now.

So why did I get the black screen problem a week ago, then?

When I thought back on the white screen solution of un-ticking all the unnecessary services listed on startup (as shown above), I decided to check what my configuration menu looked like these days...just in case.

By Jove! A good dozen services were all ticked again!!

Who did that? Not me! I’ll tell you who did that: those automatic updates we get all the time – Yes, they manage to change your own settings too!
So go after them once in a while, and change back the settings to what you like them to be.

#8 User is offline   Janisum 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

I no longer have this machine or problem but I appreciate all your input. Perhaps others will find this topic of help. Thanks
Janisum

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users