Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Program Like Connectify For Windows Vista

#1 User is offline   farout18 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:50 PM

I read about connectify for windows 7 in pcworld magazine. It's an awsome program and it works great, and i was curious...is there a program that can do the same thing on vista? I googled a bit but i cant find anything...oh and free would be preferrable of course. Thanks for you help

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

View Postfarout18, on 27 March 2010 - 01:50 PM, said:

I read about connectify for windows 7 in pcworld magazine. It's an awsome program and it works great, and i was curious...is there a program that can do the same thing on vista? I googled a bit but i cant find anything...oh and free would be preferrable of course. Thanks for you help

You should be able to do it with Windows built-in Internet Connection Sharing feature in combination with creating an "ad-hoc" WiFi network. This should work as long as you have two network cards (i.e. one ethernet card/port and one WiFi adapter).

It can be a bit of a pain to get working, however.
Good riddance PCWorld.

#3 User is offline   FrostT 

• Pip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:58 AM

dude this sucks i've tried everything to get my touch pro 2 tethered up with my ps3 and no luck. windows vista sucks! we need an app like connectify for windows 7. Somebody jump out there and save the day! :mellow:

This post has been edited by FrostT: 14 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

#4 User is offline   Magnifixcat 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:31 AM

View Postsmax013, on 31 March 2010 - 01:31 PM, said:

View Postfarout18, on 27 March 2010 - 01:50 PM, said:

You should be able to do it with Windows built-in Internet Connection Sharing feature in combination with creating an "ad-hoc" WiFi network. This should work as long as you have two network cards (i.e. one ethernet card/port and one WiFi adapter).

It can be a bit of a pain to get working, however.

So, one must have two WiFi adapters to actually get the ad-hoc network working like Connectivity is said to, that is, using your laptop as a hotspot to your phone, while your PC is connected to a Wireless network? Connectivity is said to enable a laptop to act as a hotspot while the PC is connected to antoher wireless access point or router. When I try to set up an additional connection via an ad-hoc network, my laptop disconnects from my wireless network. I would just use my router, but I have lost the password, and since it works passably well, at least to connect my laptop to my ISP, I really do not want to get another one... Meanwhile, my very bad cellular signal makes my smartphone practically useless at home, and it asks me tearfully won't I please connect it via WiFi...?

...Can I possibly connect my phone -wirelessly- to my computer, while it is using my wireless router? Please help!

This post has been edited by Magnifixcat: 11 February 2011 - 07:34 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users