Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Do I Get Dvd Content Onto My Pc?

#1 User is offline   danw12321 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

I made a home DVD on my DVD recorder/player from my HD camera. I want to import the video content onto my Vista PC, and then upload the video onto Facebook. I know how to do the Facebook part, but how do I get the DVD content onto my computer? I prefer not to use any third-party software, but I will if necessary.

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

Hi. You could most likely use Windows Media Player to do that or RealPlayer, which has a Video tool ( It's FREE ). I have several media players in here, but primarily use Real Player. You should also be able to upload directly from the camera to the computer as well, which makes life a little easier. That would go directly to my Pictures and be marked as a Video. I usually just use the USB cable to Upload from my camera to the Computer, and then it is easy to post on say YouTube or whatever.

Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#3 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

View Postdanw12321, on 28 March 2010 - 01:49 PM, said:

I made a home DVD on my DVD recorder/player from my HD camera. I want to import the video content onto my Vista PC, and then upload the video onto Facebook. I know how to do the Facebook part, but how do I get the DVD content onto my computer? I prefer not to use any third-party software, but I will if necessary.

as long as you've finalized the dvd, you should be able to import it following coastie's tips

random question, what is the brand/model number of your video camera?
Even the experts started out as beginners

#4 User is offline   danw12321 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

View Postcrazy4laptops, on 29 March 2010 - 04:16 PM, said:

as long as you've finalized the dvd, you should be able to import it following coastie's tips

http://www.bestbuy.c...2&skuId=9770779

#5 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

View Postdanw12321, on 31 March 2010 - 11:26 AM, said:

View Postcrazy4laptops, on 29 March 2010 - 04:16 PM, said:

http://www.bestbuy.c...2&skuId=9770779

see below, might interest you in some more control/better dvd quality videos

google for a video to dvd program (direct to disk preferred) or if you have an editing suite like roxio or magix or sonic use that instead

as long as your computer has a dvd burner, you can cut out the dvd recorder completely

how to do video to dvd---

step 1, hook video camera up to computer, will probably show up as another hard drive in My Computer... copy the videos to your videos folder

open up direct to disc program and follow the steps (if you have such)

or open up the video program, import the videos you want (from the hard drive) and then burn to dvd

hopefully that made sense
-C
Even the experts started out as beginners

#6 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

Do you want to copy video from your camera to your computer?

Or did you already "copy" your video from your camera to a DVD recorder to create a video DVD and then want to "rip" that video DVD?

If it is the former, then coastie65's advice basically stands.

If you did the later, then you will need some sort of DVD "ripping" software. Since it is your own DVD and is not encrypted, then Handbrake should do what you need: http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Good riddance PCWorld.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users