Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nas Server With Usb Connectivity To Pc

#1 User is offline   nunocruz79 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:55 AM

I'm looking for a NAS Server (with 2 SATA bays or more) that, besides its ethernet connection, may also connect to the PC via USB (as a mass storage device).

Most NAS servers have usb connection but only to add more devices to its storage capacity.

Why you may ask... I want to use it as a NAS server, connected to my house network, but also directly to my LED TV (which has media player software and a USB port for mass storage devices such as pen drives or ext.drives and, hopefully, this NAS server).

Can you help me?
Thanks in advance

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:31 AM

View Postnunocruz79, on 07 April 2010 - 02:55 AM, said:

I'm looking for a NAS Server (with 2 SATA bays or more) that, besides its ethernet connection, may also connect to the PC via USB (as a mass storage device).

Most NAS servers have usb connection but only to add more devices to its storage capacity.

Why you may ask... I want to use it as a NAS server, connected to my house network, but also directly to my LED TV (which has media player software and a USB port for mass storage devices such as pen drives or ext.drives and, hopefully, this NAS server).

Can you help me?
Thanks in advance

Greetings! Welcome to the PCWorld forums!

This one might work:

http://www.lacie.com...t.htm?pid=11471

It does appear that you do have some ability to use the USB port to connect it directly to a computer.

Now, it is not clear if:

1) You can access it both through the USB port AND the network connection at the same time.

and

2) If your TV will be able to access it through the USB port...it only mentions "computers" when talking about accessing by USB.

Thus, you may have to contact LaCie to see if they can further elaborate on those two issues.

This post has been edited by smax013: 07 April 2010 - 06:31 AM

Good riddance PCWorld.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users