Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is My Video Card Dead?

#1 User is offline   NoSmokingBandit 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

I have a gateway GT5325E tower with integrated 6100 LE video and it doesnt seem like the video card is working. The computer seems like it is booting up fine, the lights come on, hdd spins, no beeps, etc... but no video. My monitor's light doesnt even turn white, it stays orange, so its not getting any signal from the gfx card i suppose. I've tried a different monitor, cables, checking all the plugs/wires in the case, but nothing seems to work correctly. Any ideas? I emailed gateway but they arent very helpful (insert surprised face).

#2 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

It would seem so to me. I could find no documentation on the GT5325E, but the GT5235E has an open PCIe x16 slot. If you can borrow a card from someone, install it and see if you get some kind of signal to the monitor. If it is an Nvidia card you don't even have to delete the drivers for the current card. It you get a signal to the monitor, you have confirmed the problem.
Siggy Courtesy of Solar Wings
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   countme 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

View PostNoSmokingBandit, on 14 May 2010 - 11:11 AM, said:

I have a gateway GT5325E tower with integrated 6100 LE video and it doesnt seem like the video card is working. The computer seems like it is booting up fine, the lights come on, hdd spins, no beeps, etc... but no video. My monitor's light doesnt even turn white, it stays orange, so its not getting any signal from the gfx card i suppose. I've tried a different monitor, cables, checking all the plugs/wires in the case, but nothing seems to work correctly. Any ideas? I emailed gateway but they arent very helpful (insert surprised face).

Please check first your ram if it perform well by removing all of those and turn your PC on with no Ram install and if there is continue beeping turn it off and put back your Ram to RAm slot and turn it on. Or maybe you can borrow a PCI-E Graphics CArd to check directly if your Graphics is working properly..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users