PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Internet Links Open In Microsoft Word Instead Of My Web Browser - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Internet Links Open In Microsoft Word Instead Of My Web Browser

#1 User is offline   snoopios 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

Hi everyone,
I recently came across a problem on my computer which i don't know how it happened in the first place. Basically, everytime i click on an internet link on either an email or someone sends me one via msn or something like that, my computer tries to open it up in word. I don't know whats happened or why its doing this since i left my computer off for about 5 weeks when i was away, i came back and poof, the problem started. Any help would be much appreciated. Don't know if anyone has come across this problem as well. I tried googleing this but i cant really think of what else to write in the search box except for what i've titled this. Basically i can't see anyone else has this problem but it's probably my poor ability to search the internet!! :)
Thanks,
Snoopios

#2 User is offline   AgentF 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

Do you mean it tries to open up Word as a HTML editor? A screenshot may be helpful.
Would you be interested in contributing to the PCWorld Wiki?

Learn how to edit pages and even create new ones.

#3 User is offline   snoopios 

• PipPip

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

View PostAgentF, on 18 May 2010 - 03:32 PM, said:

Do you mean it tries to open up Word as a HTML editor? A screenshot may be helpful.

Well, I dont think that's what its trying to do. To me it looks like it's literally just trying to open up the webpage not using any internet browser but using Microsoft Word instead.Attached Image: Untitled.jpg
I think i've attached a picture to show you kind of whats going on. As you may be able to see, the page would have been quite a big one but i only took once screen shot. It was meant to be Monster.co.uk!!

#4 User is offline   Tunz 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

Click on the Start button > Default Programs > Set your default programs > select Internet Explorer.

#5 User is offline   techie4fun 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

Tunz has hit the money.

#6 User is offline   snoopios 

• PipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:39 AM

View PostTunz, on 22 May 2010 - 05:20 PM, said:

Click on the Start button > Default Programs > Set your default programs > select Internet Explorer.

Tunz you absolute GENIUS!!
Thanks,
Snoopios

#7 User is offline   cgirl227 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

View PostTunz, on 22 May 2010 - 05:20 PM, said:

Tunz you ARE absolutely on the money!!! thank you! thank you! thank you!

#8 User is offline   cgirl227 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

View Postsnoopios, on 18 May 2010 - 03:21 PM, said:

Hi everyone,
I recently came across a problem on my computer which i don't know how it happened in the first place. Basically, everytime i click on an internet link on either an email or someone sends me one via msn or something like that, my computer tries to open it up in word. I don't know whats happened or why its doing this since i left my computer off for about 5 weeks when i was away, i came back and poof, the problem started. Any help would be much appreciated. Don't know if anyone has come across this problem as well. I tried googleing this but i cant really think of what else to write in the search box except for what i've titled this. Basically i can't see anyone else has this problem but it's probably my poor ability to search the internet!! :)
Thanks,
Snoopios
snoopios you posted that question the very way i have been trying to say it to micrsoft for two weeks. each time they wanted me to sign up for ongoing tech support, priced in the hundred(s) of dollars range. thank you as well as tunz was sooooo on the money.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users