Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Convert Mp4 To Jpeg Or Similar

#1 User is offline   grimble 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

hi, took some videos on my mobile/cell phone the other day but wanted to convert the first frame into a picture file (jpeg)
tried changing the file name to .jpg but obviously didnt work. anyone know of any good converters?
cheers

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

View Postgrimble, on 27 May 2010 - 11:54 AM, said:

hi, took some videos on my mobile/cell phone the other day but wanted to convert the first frame into a picture file (jpeg)
tried changing the file name to .jpg but obviously didnt work. anyone know of any good converters?
cheers

Greetings! Welcome to the PCWorld forums!

It is really more of an issue of "capturing" a frame rather than "converting" the file. You basically will want a program that will allow you to copy/capture single frames from the video. Just about any video/movie editing program should be able to do that. It is possible that Windows Movie Maker (free) might be able to do it. I know that I can do it with iMovie on my Macs. It has been quite a while since I used Adobe Premiere Elements on my one Windows computer, but I suspect that it should be able to do it as well.
Good riddance PCWorld.

#3 User is offline   grimble 

• Pip

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

cheers for that mate, am using a mac so have the imovie program. never used it before and is currently downloading the patch for first time use. be able to tell me how to do? thanks

#4 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

View Postgrimble, on 27 May 2010 - 01:07 PM, said:

cheers for that mate, am using a mac so have the imovie program. never used it before and is currently downloading the patch for first time use. be able to tell me how to do? thanks

It will somewhat depend on which version of iMovie you are using potentially. In iMovie 6 HD (which is what I have only used so far...my new MBP has the latest version on it, but I have not used it), there was a menu command in one of the menus to capture a still frame. If that is the version of iMovie you have, then I can fire up the old MBP and look up which menu it was.
Good riddance PCWorld.

#5 User is offline   AnnaK 

• Pip

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:02 AM

View Postgrimble, on 27 May 2010 - 11:54 AM, said:

cheers

I would recommend you Convert-tune)))))

#6 User is offline   crazyredcarpet2 

• Pip

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

You may need Doremisoft Video to JPG Converter or Ultra MP4 Converter

#7 User is offline   Nutella 

• Pip

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:29 AM

I use MelodyCan. It is the best, easiest and fastest converter I found. You can try it)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users