Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Acer Aspire One - Black Screen Problem

#1 User is offline   RobertHelton 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

You can see that your laptop will just turn on but the screen will just stay black and the green light stayes there. Well if you have this problem its real easy to fix it.

First you will need is you Acer Aspire One, Pin Drive, a different PC with internet to download your own Acer Aspire One BIOS Firmware.

How to fix the "black screen of death" problem of the Acer Aspire One netbook. This is a very common problem with this netbook since it was released to the market with a defective BIOS software that can eventually fail and needs to be upgraded.

This problem is so common, that the manufacturer decided to post the solution on the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) of his site.

Notice that the instructions in the official FAQ tells you to download the version 3309 of the BIOS, this will fix the problem, but I got the black screen again a couple of months after fixing it. My recommendation is to go get the latest BIOS version for your particular model of Acer Aspire One.

These are the instructions according to ACER:

"Create a recovery USB drive to update the Bios on the unit. The specific steps to perform this recovery with the USB drive are:

1. Download & Extract AS1_BIOS_3309.zip

(http://support.acer....1_BIOS_3309.zip)

2. Rename the Bios name from 3309.fd to zg5ia32.fd.

3. Copy zg5ia32.fd and Flashit.exe to USB flash drive.

4. Start the restoration process:

A. Plug the AC Adapter into the unit.
B. Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port.
C. Press and Hold down the Fn and the Esc keys together.
D. Keep these keys held down and press power.
E. When the unit's power light comes on release the Fn and Esc keys.
F. After the keys have been released the power light will start to blink.
G. Let the unit run and after approximately 1-7 minutes, the unit should reboot.

If these steps fail to resolve the no post, please contact Acer Technical Support."

Here's the link to the official ACER site with the instructions:

http://support.acer....A110faq22.shtml

And here's the Acer official web site in case you need it: http://us.acer.com

If you found this information useful or you have any questions please leave a comment.

#2 User is offline   compnovo 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

I haven't experienced any of the problems you're describing --- what model number do you have?
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users