Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Internet Explorer Full Page Popups Getting full page ad's and audio ad's

#1 User is offline   oldman1934 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

Starting about 2 weeks ago I have been getting full page popup ad's even when not on Internet Explorer? Also getting back ground audio ad's! Tried to clean with Ad-Aware,Spybot, and AVG free. Deleted all cashe,cookies and history, nothing found? Getting really upset and annoyed! Anybody else getting this crap? How to finally stamp it out?

This post has been edited by rgreen4: 28 August 2010 - 06:33 PM
Reason for edit: Corrected Heading

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Hi. If you have IE, then you should have a pop up guard you can enable.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#3 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:05 AM

View Postoldman1934, on 16 August 2010 - 12:20 PM, said:

Starting about 2 weeks ago I have been getting full page popup ad's even when not on Internet Explorer? Also getting back ground audio ad's! Tried to clean with Ad-Aware,Spybot, and AVG free. Deleted all cashe,cookies and history, nothing found? Getting really upset and annoyed! Anybody else getting this crap? How to finally stamp it out?

Try SuperAntispyware and/or Malwarebytes Antimalware.

Lincoln

#4 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

View PostLincolnSpector, on 17 August 2010 - 08:05 AM, said:

Try SuperAntispyware and/or Malwarebytes Antimalware.Lincoln<br />

Yeah I find that Malwarebytes Antimalware tends to be effective at this. Also, a good realtime protection app would be Avast! Free.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#5 User is offline   oldman1934 

• Pip

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:25 AM

View PostLiveBrianD, on 17 August 2010 - 05:01 PM, said:

Yeah I find that Malwarebytes Antimalware tends to be effective at this. Also, a good realtime protection app would be Avast! Free.

I have Malwarebytes, AVG Free, SytemMechanic, AdAware, ZoneALarm,and Spybot. They find cookies and infections which I remove daily but still get the full page popups with heading indicating it coming over Enternet Explorer even though I'm not on Explorer? I get audio only ad's which really annoy the hell out of me with no way to trace from where. I watch Windows Task Manager to see if I can identify whats using resources but can't see anything. I'm really really getting fed up with Windows.

#6 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

View Postoldman1934, on 23 August 2010 - 07:25 AM, said:

I have Malwarebytes, AVG Free, SytemMechanic, AdAware, ZoneALarm,and Spybot. They find cookies and infections which I remove daily but still get the full page popups with heading indicating it coming over Enternet Explorer even though I'm not on Explorer? I get audio only ad's which really annoy the hell out of me with no way to trace from where. I watch Windows Task Manager to see if I can identify whats using resources but can't see anything. I'm really really getting fed up with Windows.

Well in the worst case, you could reinstall Windows...
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#7 User is offline   SpiritWind 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

Hi oldman :

Having infection(s) daily is highly unusual ; based
on the security programs you have quoted, I
recommend you add the excellent "SUPERAntiSpyware",
available for download from http://www.superantispyware.com
and after updating this program, run a "Complete
Scan" . At this point you have NOT told us any
specifics of your computer, as to which browser(s)
( Specific Version number(s) ) or specifics of
your Operating System !?
IF you press the "Alt" and "F4" buttons at the same
time, do the PopUps "disappear" AND do NOT
immediately reappear !?
For the very Best in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com

#8 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:03 AM

I have Malwarebytes, AVG Free, SytemMechanic, AdAware, ZoneALarm,and Spybot. They find cookies and infections which I remove daily

Don't sweat the cookies. What other infections are you getting daily?

It could be that you've got something that these are not able to remove, and that that infection is allowing others in. See The Cleanest Malware Scan [http://www.pcworld.c...ware_scan.html] for suggestions.

Lincoln

#9 User is offline   oldman1934 

• Pip

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

View PostSpiritWind, on 23 August 2010 - 12:16 PM, said:

Hi oldman :

Having infection(s) daily is highly unusual ; based
on the security programs you have quoted, I
recommend you add the excellent "SUPERAntiSpyware",
available for download from http://www.superantispyware.com
and after updating this program, run a "Complete
Scan" . At this point you have NOT told us any
specifics of your computer, as to which browser(s)
( Specific Version number(s) ) or specifics of
your Operating System !?
IF you press the "Alt" and "F4" buttons at the same
time, do the PopUps "disappear" AND do NOT
immediately reappear !?

Ok guy's I'm not getting infections daily, It's just I'm so frustrated it seems like it. I'm using Mozilla Firefox version 3.6.8 and Explorer 7 version 7.0.5730.13. Windows XP Home SP3. I also have ZoneAlarm version:9.2.057.000. I find it amazing I seem to be the only one complaining about this or I'm just not smart enough to stop it. The back ground audio ad's are getting to be the most obnoxious. When a full page pop up appears the header says Internet Explorer. I double click on the lower right corner of it and add it to my restricted sites but it will still come back days later. The advice to reinstall Windows is one of the reasons I'm getting sick of Windows. I should need to spend a whole day and maybe more reinstalling everything because Windows is so poorly equipped to stop this kind of crap. I also bet it would be back with in a few weeks! I won't consider Windows 7 as I know some of my programs and hardware will probably not work. I had to do a reinstall back in Dec and it was almost 2 days of cussing and fussing! At 76 years old I don't have the patients of you younger folks. Oh, I'll try the Alt and F4 button trick, didn't know about it thanks.

#10 User is offline   oldman1934 

• Pip

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

This morning I blocked Internet Explorer in Zone Alarm and have not received any commercial full page pop ups or back ground audio commercials! Just thought I'd let you guys know, might help somebody else from being annoyed! By the way "ALT" "F4" did not effect them. Just to be clear, the pop ups I was getting were product commercials for well know products and not the other type we all know and hate more.

#11 User is offline   CornerYozhik 

• Pip

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:55 AM

View PostLiveBrianD, on 23 August 2010 - 10:52 AM, said:

Well in the worst case, you could reinstall Windows...

I agree that the only true way of getting it out of your system is to reinstall the OS, however this is a drastic method and requires quite a bit of preparation (like backups, settings recordings etc). The reason why your antivirus and antispyware doesn't find anything is either because they are not updated or another more sinister case. Some malware will first attack your antivirus and antimalware software when they land on your PC. However if they just kill your software you would know right away and act on it. So they "inoculate" themselves against your software. In simple terms when your antivirus scans the computer it will not detect this particular malware and report as nothing is there. One very good way to detect this type of activity on your PC is to check your computer against malware by cloud-based antimalware scanner. You can Google them, for example Panda has one. They are usually free or will ask you to give some info about yourselves to them first. The only disadvantage is that when they scan your PC theoretically they can collect the info about every file on your PC. They say they don't do that but who knows. Just weigh the pros and cons and decide accordingly. Hope this helps. Good luck.

#12 User is offline   magicman888 

• PipPip

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:01 AM

hello oldmand1934. it's not virus or whatever. it's a system default command. try to wait for the ie to load before closing it down or else the ie browser will have a non stop pop up until your computers ram cannot take it anymore. try to wait for the page to load before closing it down. i've also experience it. :) i hope i did help :)

#13 User is offline   oldman1934 

• Pip

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

View Postmagicman888, on 06 September 2010 - 06:01 AM, said:

hello oldmand1934. it's not virus or whatever. it's a system default command. try to wait for the ie to load before closing it down or else the ie browser will have a non stop pop up until your computers ram cannot take it anymore. try to wait for the page to load before closing it down. i've also experience it. :) i hope i did help :)

I just don't use Internet Explorer anymore! I use FireFox with no problems, screw Microsoft! Thanks for the info though guys, appreciate it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users