• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: PCWorld BOT

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:14 AM

Post your comments for Dear Apple: Forget Social, Fix iTunes here

#2 User is offline   squarepegger 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:46 AM

Couldn't agree more! Just bought a 5th gen iPod Nano and am totally disgusted by iTunes. Fortunately, MediaMonkey has figured out crApple's latest method of mangling file storage and Winamp is working on it.

Don't know why folks are blinded by the bling; walled garden = walled mind. Why should I be forced to use iTunes to put MY photos on an Apple device?

#3 User is offline   Quant 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

I use WinAmp myself. It is at least 10x faster than iTunes. Perhaps 20x faster. It is frankly amazing how bad iTunes is. As if they went out of their way to write a horrible application.
Surface Pro | Lumia 920

#4 User is offline   ArthurDent 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

"Your intentions are good, but you're acting like malware."

How are the intentions good when they force-fed customers a different product, then when criticized, continued to harass users into getting it?

iZombies forgot how to think.

#5 User is offline   MattPerkins 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

Apple is all about money not user satisfaction. They figure users will install and use iTunes regardless because they have an iPod or iPhone and they make sure there are only 2 ways to download apps on your iPod or iPhone. One is through the device itself and the other is through iTunes. You can't use MediaMonkey or any other iTunes alternative for that.

Also if your charging your iPod/iPhone on your computer you have to have iTunes. If your iPod or iPhone needs to be restored to a previous state, you have to use iTunes.

As long as iPod and iPhone users need to use iTunes for anything, Apple will not fix it because they know you will install and use it regardless. They'll just add features in hopes to gain more revenue which of course slows down iTunes even more. But they don't care because you'll have it installed on your computer and you will use it.

So if you want Apple to fix iTunes someone needs to make a 100% alternative to iTunes that does EVERYTHING iTunes does, not just offer syncing. It needs to have a way to access the apps store, a way to charge your iPod or iPhone through the computer and a way to restore your iPhone or iPod to a previous state. Until that day comes, your gonna be stuck with a slower and slower plus more bloated and bloated iTunes with each new release.

#6 User is offline   michael1213 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

View Postsquarepegger, on 26 August 2010 - 07:46 AM, said:

Couldn't agree more! Just bought a 5th gen iPod Nano and am totally disgusted by iTunes. Fortunately, MediaMonkey has figured out crApple's latest method of mangling file storage and Winamp is working on it.

Don't know why folks are blinded by the bling; walled garden = walled mind. Why should I be forced to use iTunes to put MY photos on an Apple device?

I guess your mind is walled up by the garden.

#7 User is offline   michael1213 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

View PostMattPerkins, on 26 August 2010 - 09:04 AM, said:

Apple is all about money not user satisfaction. They figure users will install and use iTunes regardless because they have an iPod or iPhone and they make sure there are only 2 ways to download apps on your iPod or iPhone. One is through the device itself and the other is through iTunes. You can't use MediaMonkey or any other iTunes alternative for that.

Also if your charging your iPod/iPhone on your computer you have to have iTunes. If your iPod or iPhone needs to be restored to a previous state, you have to use iTunes.

As long as iPod and iPhone users need to use iTunes for anything, Apple will not fix it because they know you will install and use it regardless. They'll just add features in hopes to gain more revenue which of course slows down iTunes even more. But they don't care because you'll have it installed on your computer and you will use it.

So if you want Apple to fix iTunes someone needs to make a 100% alternative to iTunes that does EVERYTHING iTunes does, not just offer syncing. It needs to have a way to access the apps store, a way to charge your iPod or iPhone through the computer and a way to restore your iPhone or iPod to a previous state. Until that day comes, your gonna be stuck with a slower and slower plus more bloated and bloated iTunes with each new release.

Whatever I think I don't believe Apple doesn't care about user satisfaction. Do you honestly believe any successful company can ignore user satisfaction? Or do you simply say that because it sounds nice and its a lot easier than actually thinking about what you want to say?

I won't disagree about I-Tune being "bloated". They are trying to throw everything into it but the proverbial "kitchen sink". That is really the same issue people were talking about quite a number of years ago with WordStar being compared to the "bloated" Microsoft Word.

#8 User is offline   Bansaku 

• PipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

View Postsquarepegger, on 26 August 2010 - 07:46 AM, said:

Way to show your intelligence and creativity by using the word crApple. Do you go around calling Uncle Ben's rice perverted instead of converted just because you prefer Golden Boy or China Lilly?!

Anyway, out of all of Apple great software (I use virtually every Apple App) I would have to agree 100% that iTunes is poo! Seriourly, back in what 1998/99 when iTunes hit the desktop it blew everything out of the water (best of all it was free). However, over the course of what a decade iTunes has yet to evolve at all; all it does with each update is add compatibility. iTunes is slow, even on my i7 860 Hackintosh; I can have 6 startup items launch in 1 or 2 bobs from a fresh power on, all at the same time, however iTunes, being the 7th will continue to bob for 15-20 on average and even when it stops, here comes the spinning thinking wheel! I think it about time that Apple re-writes iTunes for the modern 64-bit Intel chips and leave the PPC users using what is current. It's hilarious that I can load a 140GB HD movie in iMovie in 2 seconds from launch. Why can't I do the same for a 3MB MP3?!?!?!

#9 User is offline   SheWolvreene 

• Pip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

Here ye. I thought that it was my pc. I haven't had the good fortune of owning an iPhone yet; but I plan to with my next upgrade. I have an iPod and I swear, I hate having to update it because of iTunes running like molasses.

#10 User is offline   Leodious 

• Pip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

You seem to forget that what you describe is exactly what they stand for. They do not want their users to make choices or change settings. They want their users to accept what they are given and use it the way Apple intended, with no changes. They seek to control you through what programs you use and they way you use them.

#11 User is offline   chevrolet1994 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

Oh No!,not another Internet social network!

#12 User is offline   littlepitcher 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:40 AM

Agreed. Truthfully, I want something lean and mean to run my music. I seldom use WMP or iTunes and both duplicate files unnecessarily, run slow, crash, and generally cause huge amounts of problems compared to non-music software. Debugging iTunes would be a blessing: any iPod has limited space, and the fact that iTunes has duplicated several of my iPod Classic artist folders five or more times--a duplication which does not show up on iTunes and can't be remedied at that site--is a serious aggravation and time-waster, as are all the files which iTunes has arbitrarily renamed and re-artisted.
IPods are still dead-finger tech for me, but problems with iTunes, the lack of antispyware, and the molasses-in-January iTunes boot speed definitely limit my purchases.

#13 User is offline   Quant 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

I like subscription much more. RDIO is what I use now. And if that were not available, I'd go back to Zune.
Surface Pro | Lumia 920

#14 User is offline   hastaluego249 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:59 AM

ITunes only works properly on Macs. In a 5 year old Imac it boots in a fraction of time as on my work PC. It's the same but reversed with Microsoft Office on the Mac. Which is why I am now using iWork at home.

#15 User is offline   phlegmaticdog 

• Pip

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

My wife uses ITunes since she has an IPod. Using the software is such an ordeal that she has given up in frustration several times with such problems as paying for songs that will not load, slow operations, loading junkware on the computer. On the other hand, I have always had a Zune instead as it was compatible with audiobooks from my local public library. Zune software has worked swiftly, without disrupting other computer functions. Zune's suggested music is always right on target with my listening habits and I have not had a bit of trouble. Apple purists may keep praying for an improvement in ITunes but I have convinced my wife to stop beating that dead horse and buy a Zune.

#16 User is offline   Quant 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

View Postphlegmaticdog, on 29 August 2010 - 09:24 PM, said:

My wife uses ITunes since she has an IPod. Using the software is such an ordeal that she has given up in frustration several times with such problems as paying for songs that will not load, slow operations, loading junkware on the computer. On the other hand, I have always had a Zune instead as it was compatible with audiobooks from my local public library. Zune software has worked swiftly, without disrupting other computer functions. Zune's suggested music is always right on target with my listening habits and I have not had a bit of trouble. Apple purists may keep praying for an improvement in ITunes but I have convinced my wife to stop beating that dead horse and buy a Zune.

Love the Zune. Own 4 of them. But when I saw RDIO for Android, I decided to switch to that.
Surface Pro | Lumia 920

#17 User is offline   bporada 

• PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

I hope you guys are talking about the windows version of itunes. I have no problems with it being slow and I have a 200gb+ music library and a 7 year old g5 tower...
From August, 2003 - Dual 2.0 ghz powerpc g5 - 3.5gb ddr sdram - blazingly fast ATI Radeon 9600 Pro w/64mb - 2.0TB & 1.5TB hard drives - Mac OS 10.5.8 Ultimate (they all are)

#18 User is offline   Car54 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

I too have to be one of the few, besides those others (10,000,000,000 downloads on Feb 25th) who actually like iTunes, and my iPod Classic. :huh: :huh: ;)

#19 User is offline   trusttouchelpb 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

Its funny because apple not only tell me to update my iTunes on iTunes starting up but now when I start up my computer slowing it down immensely and wasting valuable CPU useage and battery power having itunes updater in my processes.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users