PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: How Can I Convert Doc To Pdf With Office Word 2003? - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Can I Convert Doc To Pdf With Office Word 2003?

#1 User is offline   ferb82 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:24 AM

How can I convert .doc to .pdf with Office word 2003?

#2 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

View Postferb82, on 17 September 2010 - 01:24 AM, said:

try primo pdf

http://www.primopdf.com/index.aspx
Even the experts started out as beginners

#3 User is offline   AgentF 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

I second PrimoPDF. It installs a printer driver so when you're done with the document, go to print it and select PrimoPDF. After a moment, a screen like shown below will popup to save the document as a .pdf.
Posted Image
Would you be interested in contributing to the PCWorld Wiki?

Learn how to edit pages and even create new ones.

#4 User is offline   debrah48 

• Pip

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:27 AM

Many third-party providers offer software for converting Word documents to PDF files. For example, some of the Office Marketplace providers that provide PDF-to-Word converters may also provide Word-to-PDF converters. Visit the provider's Web site for more information. You can also search on the Web or ask for advice in the Word Discussion Groups.

For more information visit: http://office.micros...A001168333.aspx

#5 User is offline   MarryWilson 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

You can convert your .doc file to .pdf file using a third party software. You can try Kernel for doc to pdf converter tool, which is an efficient conversion tool for converting word files to pdf file instantly.

#6 User is offline   henrywilliams 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

MS Office 2003 doesn't have option for that. You need a software for that or you can convert your PDF online. Search for Word to PDF converter.

#7 User is offline   Annabellely 

• Pip

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

Save As....PDF?

#8 User is offline   Yocihope 

• Pip

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

unlike word 2007 (there's a "save as pdf" plug-in), if you're using word 2003 you should rely on a pdf creator to convert word.doc to pdf format.
ask google "how to convert word to pdf" and he will tell you many 3-rd party tools.

#9 User is offline   Evildave 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Or just download LibreOffice.org, open it, and 'export as PDF', for free, forever.

#10 User is offline   michaelclay 

• Pip

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:40 AM

thanks for your information

#11 User is offline   brainout 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

First, go into Word and select Page Setup, then Print; or, just Print, from the File Menu. Look at the Printer drop-down box. See if you find any printer there which says 'pdf' in the name. If you see one, it's the way to convert the Word doc to pdf. However, you might not be able to search on the text inside the file, because a pdf printer usually makes a graphic image of the doc. Also check your printer/scanner's manual. Often scanners can print to pdf.

Best alternative? Get Smart PDF Creator. They have a free version, but the full version is better. It sells for $70 but works better than Acrobat, which I also have. The free version has limitations on what will be converted. The usual free pdf converters also have that same limit. What they do, is simply 'print' your Word doc to a 'pdf printer', which you specify in PageSetup or Print from the File menu. When you do that, your pdf file is really a graphic file; you can't search on its words. The Smart PDF Creator's pdf result will allow you to search on words, but its free version won't convert Word bookmarks to links. The Pro version will. And they answer your emails to them. :)

I like this product so much, I bought extra copies as gifts. Both versions will convert to pdf and back to Word 2003 and prior; the Pro version will also convert to other formats like jpg, html, etc. Word 2007 already has its own built-in PDF converter. If you already have WordPerfect, it can read your old Word 2003 file and convert it to pdf (WordPerfect version 9 is best for this; later versions aren't so good at reading Word files).

Smart PDF Creator Pro is standard pdf, too. I use it all the time to upload Word-converted pages to the US Government's EFAST program, which only accepts Adobe-compatible pdf format.

Acrobat is NOT compatible with Word 2003, but claims it is. I had to uninstall Word 2003 and revert to Word 2002, in order to get the compatibility with Acrobat. But I didn't have to worry about that, with Smart PDF Creator Pro. It's backwards-compatible.

This post has been edited by brainout: 01 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

Willfully Insane Now Dangerous Or Wildly Stupid. :)

#12 User is offline   mond1 

• Pip

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

You can also install PDFCreator free software to print to pdf file. If you want save file as pdf then You click button [CTRL + P] and select print to file...

#13 User is offline   xanderilization 

• Pip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

Oops, you got Word 2003. I do this simply in my MS Word 2007 and 2010. I never used 2003. In 2007 and 2010, this, i.e. .doc to .pdf conversion, can be done with Save As option.
What I do is, open my word document > go to Save As option > Save as type > select PDF (*.pdf) from the list. The word document is saved in PDF format.
I have no idea whether Word 2003 supports this feature or not.
Regards.

#14 User is offline   mond1 

• Pip

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

http://forums.pcworl...o-pdf-software/

#15 User is offline   soniarathod 

• PipPip

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hi,

There are so many tools available online today who can convert your Doc file to PDF file.just search doc to pdf converter in to Google you can get thousand tools.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users