PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Wireless Internet Works On Laptop But Cannot Connect To Internet On Desktop Computer - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wireless Internet Works On Laptop But Cannot Connect To Internet On Desktop Computer

#1 User is offline   cuscus 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

My daughter had a problem on her desktop computer and all she had was a blue screen when she signed on. She was told to turn on the computer and press F11 and this gave her all kinds of options to get her computer going again. She works with Windows XP and Wireless but when the computer screen came back she had lost all of her files (which I think someone must have a solution to recover) and cannot connect to the Internet and even Microsoft Word has to be downloaded again. What we find really funny, is that her daughter has a laptop and she can go on the Internet with no problem. Would anyone be able to help with her connectivity problem and how to get her files back. Thank you

#2 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

View Postcuscus, on 10 October 2010 - 05:52 AM, said:

Hi, cuscus. Sorry for all the problems.

What exactly happened when she booted after getting the BSoD (Blue Screen of Death)? When she pressed F11 and got all those options, which one did she pick? And what did she see on her screen?

Lincoln

#3 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

View Postcuscus, on 10 October 2010 - 05:52 AM, said:

What brand of computer?

What kind of wifi issues was she having?

If my guess is correct, F11 was a factory restore option, meaning it wiped the system to factory/store fresh.

my only data recovery solution is diskdigger- http://diskdigger.org/
Even the experts started out as beginners

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users