PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Hd Video Playback Choppy And Out Of Sync With Sound - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hd Video Playback Choppy And Out Of Sync With Sound How can I play HD video i recorded without choppy & out of sync sound?

#1 User is offline   JimmyPC 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

I have a samsung HD hmxh100 camcorder. I took some long videos in HD. when i play them back on my computer they wont work at all. they only play back with the included intellistudio software but are very choppy and out of sync with music. I used a converter to convert the files to .AVI from mp4. they now play back in VLC player but still choppy and out of sync with sounsd. my computer is a intel duo core 2 2.4ghz processor and 2gb ram. i dont think i have a fast video card but not sure of that is the issue or maybe my computer itself although not slow may not be fast enough. i tried WMP too but same or worse results. any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   techie4fun 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:39 PM

View PostJimmyPC, on 18 October 2010 - 10:15 PM, said:

I have a samsung HD hmxh100 camcorder. I took some long videos in HD. when i play them back on my computer they wont work at all. they only play back with the included intellistudio software but are very choppy and out of sync with music. I used a converter to convert the files to .AVI from mp4. they now play back in VLC player but still choppy and out of sync with sounsd. my computer is a intel duo core 2 2.4ghz processor and 2gb ram. i dont think i have a fast video card but not sure of that is the issue or maybe my computer itself although not slow may not be fast enough. i tried WMP too but same or worse results. any suggestions?

I believe the video playback is choppy because of your under powered video card. The video card plays a HUGE factor in how well videos play/perform on your computer. Much like computer games, a sufficiently powered video card is required to play one. The same is said for playing videos. As time has progressed, newer nvidia chipsets video cards, released about a year ago, have been required to play blu ray on computers. The cards made 5 years ago are way too old for support. Not that this matters. The processor plays an important factor as well, but your processor shouldn't be an issue- it's an intel duo core for crying out loud. Also... I wasn't able to view HD video's until I got an HD monitor for my computer, if that makes any sense. You won't see the true quality until you've got a monitor that supports it, or an HD Television. For example, one of my television programs is in HD but I didn't realize this until I viewed parts of this program from my computer, which has an HD monitor. My television is NOT.

I hope I've made some sense.

This post has been edited by techie4fun: 19 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

#3 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

View Posttechie4fun, on 19 October 2010 - 02:39 PM, said:

I believe the video playback is choppy because of your under powered video card. The video card plays a HUGE factor in how well videos play/perform on your computer. Much like computer games, a sufficiently powered video card is required to play one. The same is said for playing videos. As time has progressed, newer nvidia chipsets video cards, released about a year ago, have been required to play blu ray on computers. The cards made 5 years ago are way too old for support. Not that this matters. The processor plays an important factor as well, but your processor shouldn't be an issue- it's an intel duo core for crying out loud. Also... I wasn't able to view HD video's until I got an HD monitor for my computer, if that makes any sense. You won't see the true quality until you've got a monitor that supports it, or an HD Television. For example, one of my television programs is in HD but I didn't realize this until I viewed parts of this program from my computer, which has an HD monitor. My television is NOT.

Yeah 720p requires at least 1280*720, 1080 is 1920*1080. Most computer monitors allow 720p at least, that is 1280 width. If not, you either have an old laptop with a 14" or less screen, or a desktop with an old tiny CRT. And if you have an old graphics card, it'll display, nice and sharp, but it might be VERY choppy (that's where hardware video acceleration can help). An old Pentium 4 system I had with a better GPU could play HD video completely fine, but not flash video (can't use the hardware acceleration on the GPU).
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#4 User is offline   JimmyPC 

• PipPip

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:03 AM

View Posttechie4fun, on 19 October 2010 - 02:39 PM, said:

what about the dvd player connected to my tv? what would be the proper way to burn HD video to a dvd disk? i tired burning it as a data disk but it wont read at all. my burning software only allows me to burn in data or else i have to buy an upgrade. not sure if it would make a difference anyway. when u say bluray, do i need a special dvd player to play hd video? or doest it matter the way i burn it at all or if its in AVI or MP4?

#5 User is offline   techie4fun 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:28 AM

[/quote]
what about the dvd player connected to my tv? what would be the proper way to burn HD video to a dvd disk? i tired burning it as a data disk but it wont read at all. my burning software only allows me to burn in data or else i have to buy an upgrade. not sure if it would make a difference anyway. when u say bluray, do i need a special dvd player to play hd video? or doest it matter the way i burn it at all or if its in AVI or MP4?
[/quote]

What about the DVD player connected to your TV? What are you asking?

You'll need to use different burning software since you're supposed to burn the HD video as a video disk instead of data disk. You do not need a special player to play HD video. You'll need an HD monitor. I also believe that as long as you've made your HD recording in that format, burning it as an AVI or MP4 would be fine either way.

This post has been edited by techie4fun: 20 October 2010 - 03:35 AM

#6 User is offline   JimmyPC 

• PipPip

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:51 AM

What about the DVD player connected to your TV? What are you asking?

You'll need to use different burning software since you're supposed to burn the HD video as a video disk instead of data disk. You do not need a special player to play HD video. You'll need an HD monitor. I also believe that as long as you've made your HD recording in that format, burning it as an AVI or MP4 would be fine either way.
[/quote]

thanks can you recommend a good burning software thats freeware or open source that will allow me to burn HD video as a video disk? i have been unable to find one. the one one i know is nero vision but it cost something like 89 dollars.

#7 User is offline   techie4fun 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hi.

You're likely not going to find anything for free that produces HD video disks, and I don't know of anything that will do the trick. Remember that with Nero, you're spending $89 for product that's usually guarunteed to have ALL the options you need instead of using a free product that lacks this and that of the options the Commercial product offers. Certain people need certain things and certain things sometimes require time and money. So pay for the big bucks if you want all the options.

This post has been edited by techie4fun: 29 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

#8 User is offline   techie4fun 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

I'm also going to warn that Nero tends to be bloated, adding more than what you actually need to fulfill your tasks. I would suggest running a trial version for 30 days and if it doesn't do what you like then keep looking. There's a variety of programs that have 30 day trials, but they might require you to purchase a license key during the trial to use all the features. Look around. Good luck.

#9 User is offline   MilesDyson91 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:01 AM

I'm a newbie who has also been experiencing similar problems with my old laptop and new HD Camcorder. The specs are as follows:

PC: Toshiba Satellite A200 with Intel Core Duo 2 processor (1.73 GHz), 2GB of ram, 120GGb HDrive,
Camera:Panasonic HDC SD80 High Def Camera

I recorded most of my videos using the HG 1920 format and one test video using iframe 960 x 540p. The HG format plays perfectly on my Panasonic TV but on the PC it is very jumpy, like a slideshow of the video we watched on TV.The exception is the test video with the iframe format. That plays fine but I can see the definition is not the same. Have I just answered my own question? Is my PC lacking the processing power to handle the video?

Cheers

#10 User is offline   SamsungVideoOwner 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

I have a Samsung HMX-U10 Compact Full HD Camcorder with the Intelli-Studio software on the camera. As other users know you can download the software from the camera to your PC. I have done this previously onto a dual core PC that has a high res Video accellerator, I got mixed success. I found occasionally and without explanation the Audio / Video Sync was haywire. I never sused it out. However I recently got another PC and was about to upload to the PC a second time to see what was the probable cause of the jerky sound and lagging video, then decided to play the video in question from the software I had just uploaded to the PC but BEFORE I upgraded to the "latest version" the video worked a charm. So on the evidence - its the software that's the culpret not your hardware. Which means it's Samsung's problem not ours. Are you listening SAMSUNG, I can't get in tough with them wading through the websites of these multinational corporations to find a personal contact is like findi9ng a responsible public servant, or hen's teeth, or a program on the Internet I can access that hasn't been hacked into through the spell checker to prevent my free access to the rest of the world - fukcnig morons.

This post has been edited by SamsungVideoOwner: 04 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users