Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows 7 Blue Screen

#1 User is offline   pcpchelp 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

This has been happening for about a week now, i get random blue screens, i have no idea why. most of the time it happens are from when am playing A.V.A but i have played this long ago and never got it, cant be the game. anyone can help me please, am really worried.
http://i626.photobuc...blade/blues.png
http://i626.photobuc...nblade/blue.png

#2 User is offline   pcpchelp 

• PipPip

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

oh i forgot to add my minidump file, here it is. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=963R5EQU Please help me.

View Postpcpchelp, on 17 December 2010 - 07:45 PM, said:

This has been happening for about a week now, i get random blue screens, i have no idea why. most of the time it happens are from when am playing A.V.A but i have played this long ago and never got it, cant be the game. anyone can help me please, am really worried.
http://i626.photobuc...blade/blues.png
http://i626.photobuc...nblade/blue.png

#3 User is offline   BGG001 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

View Postpcpchelp, on 18 December 2010 - 05:29 AM, said:

oh i forgot to add my minidump file, here it is. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=963R5EQU Please help me.

View Postpcpchelp, on 17 December 2010 - 07:45 PM, said:

It would be helpful if you told us if your system was 32 or 64-bit, but I'll try my best to help you out the best I can.

The issue is being caused by ntkrnlpa.exe, and the error is PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (STOP: 0x000004e (0x000009a, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000))

ntkrnlpa.exe is, in fact, the NT Kernel, which is the root of all Windows systems from Windows 2000 and up (exception: Windows ME). I have a full list of all the drivers you were running at the time of the crash, and that is the only one that caused an error. I can't tell you what the exact problem is, but for starters, I would definitely update all of your drivers, especially your graphic card (integrated or not) drivers since you say this occurs most of the time when you're playing a game. I would also run a memory test to make sure your RAM isn't bad, because the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error is often associated with bad RAM. Use Memtest86+ to test your RAM (http://www.memtest.org/) or use the memory diagnostic tool provided by Microsoft (boot up using the Windows 7 disk, or create a Windows 7 disk1 and then boot from that). I would do this overnight while you're sleeping if I were you, or during a time when you won't need that computer for an extended period of time. RAM tests take a long time depending on the amount of RAM, the type of RAM (DDR1/2/3), and the CPU. I'd say 3 hours is a safe bet, although I've heard of memory tests taking a lot longer.

1To create a Windows 7 boot disk in Windows 7, open the start menu and type in "Create a system repair disc." Follow the instructions (a CD or DVD will work).

In the meantime, if you can, more specifics of your system would be appreciated (RAM, HDD, CPU, GPU, etc).

Edit: I know I said that no other drivers caused conflict, but it never hurts to update them periodically either.

This post has been edited by BGG001: 18 December 2010 - 10:14 AM

#4 User is offline   pcpchelp 

• PipPip

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

Thanks. oh i guess i should have showed more info,sorry,, but here it is.

INSTALLED MEMORY(RAM) 3.00GB (ONLY 2.75 USABLE)
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT.
PROCESSOR ® DUAL-CORE CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz
GRAPHIC CARD: GeFORCE 8200M G
also i saw in my action center that it reported a driver caused the pc to shutdown unexpectedly to prevent corruption of data, but for some reason when i hit the check for solution button, it doesn't load anything.

umm anything else?

This post has been edited by pcpchelp: 18 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

#5 User is offline   BGG001 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

Nope, that'll be good...I didn't necessarily need it now, but it may be useful to someone else who reads this, or maybe in the future.

In the action center did it say what driver? Because I believe that ntkrnlpa.exe is just a part (a better way of putting it may be to say a "layer") of the NT Kernel and I believe is considered a driver by Windows itself. I know that ntkrnlpa.exe controls memory management and that ntkrnlpa.exe is specific to systems that use Physical Address Extension (ones that don't use ntoskrnl.exe instead). Since you're using a 32-bit system, this makes sense...also it only helps to enforce my thought that something is possibly wrong with the RAM. If the RAM is defective, then the driver would be unable to use it properly. I've had my graphics card overheat, for example, and the driver for the graphics card reports the error.

Also I'm curious why only 2.75GB is usable? I'm not implying that there's any relation between the problem you're having and that, I'm just curious. The only time I can think of your RAM being limited is at 4GB and that's to 3.75GB.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, so I would run that memory test and see what it shows up. If it shows that your memory is fine then we can eliminate one possibility...unfortunately, it's the only thing that I've got right now.

#6 User is offline   pcpchelp 

• PipPip

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

okay, i will be going to sleep in an hour or so, i will run it then (memtest).i tried the memory diagnosis that comes with the PC, but it didn't detect any issues,i will try the memtest86. but i also just got an other blue screen with a different error code this time, maybe this can help. oh and the action center, it did not specify which driver, i will continue looking into this. Could over heat be a reason for my issue, my laptop is usually on about 6 hours each day, but i always imagined over heat to cause the whole thing to never work like a friends pc whose fan stop working and got his whole circuit board fried.

I also got one big question. when i ordered this laptop, weird thing is it didn't come with a windows 7 installation disk. i just powered it and it installed. my dad's pc came with a disk, i factory reset it before and it didn't require the disk for reinstall, but there was a time i had to replace hard drive and i did have to use the windows vista installation disk. Since mine didn't come with one, could this prevent me from factory resetting. just a last resort if i cant seem to find out whats going on.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: new error.png

This post has been edited by pcpchelp: 18 December 2010 - 06:18 PM

#7 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

Most modern systems do not come with an install disc, especially the ones from regular manufacturers. There should have been a notice during the install to burn recovery DVD's.

You did not list the make and model of the laptop, but one thing that caught my attention is the 32bit version of Win7 when most manufacturers are not pre-installing 64bit (unless it is a netbook, but they don't have 3GB of ram). Regardless, you should be able to buy a Restore disc from the manufacturer, I know the ones from HP run about $19 as long as they are in stock. They are good to have in case you have to replace the HD, but I don't think you need that yet.

What many are suggesting is a restore, not a recovery. Recovery is for a full reinstall, but a restore rolls the OS back to a previous point. If you will note, when an update is being downloaded and installed, before it does the installation it will say "Creating a Restore Point". This is so if something goes wrong you can roll the system back to this point.

To do a restore to an earlier point, click on Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security. The top heading is Action Center. Under that heading click on the link "Restore your Computer to an earlier time". Then follow the instructions. Pick a date that is before you noticed the problem and run the restore. It will undo all updates, driver install and program installs between the date you choose and the time it is run. However, all data is untouched.
Siggy Courtesy of Solar Wings
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   pcpchelp 

• PipPip

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

weird, i havent noticed this blue screen at all today, i dont understand whats going on. the last thing i did was go to MY COMPUTER> PROPERTIES>TOOLS>ERROR CHECKING> CHECK NOW>scan for and attempt to fix bad sectors/automaticly fix file system errors. kinda confused, if i notice this error in the next few days, ill check back here.

#9 User is offline   pcpchelp 

• PipPip

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

ERRR nvm, i was dreaming, i got another one. i googled it and found this. problem is, i cant quite get where the person is pointing to exactly what i should do. please help me figure out what exactly i need to do? Thanks in advance.

The culprit is bad paging space.

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR (77)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Caused by
bad block in paging file or disk controller error.
In the case when the first and second arguments are 0, the stack signature
in the kernel stack was not found. Again, bad hardware.
An I/O status of c000009c (STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR) or
C000016AL (STATUS_DISK_OPERATION_FAILED) normally indicates
the data could not be read from the disk due to a bad
block. Upon reboot autocheck will run and attempt to map out the bad
sector. If the status is C0000185 (STATUS_IO_DEVICE_ERROR) and the paging
file is on a SCSI disk device, then the cabling and termination should be
checked. See the knowledge base article on SCSI termination.
Arguments:
Arg1: c0000185, status code
Arg2: c0000185, i/o status code
Arg3: 00000000, page file number
Arg4: 0076c000, offset into page file

Debugging Details:
------------------
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - I/O
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware <--
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x77_c0000185
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 2
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 80521361 to 805339ae
Source:http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33414.html

This post has been edited by pcpchelp: 20 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

#10 User is offline   BGG001 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

Well, I assumed you ran the memory tests and those checked through okay. I'd say run a chkdsk (open a command prompt, type in (without quotations) "chkdsk /b" or if you need it done faster "chkdsk /r").

With the amazing variety of errors you're getting, if this doesn't solve your problem(s), which I have a feeling it won't, I'd do a clean install. While BSODs are generally a sign of bad hardware, bad drivers and system files can cause them too, and with the variety of errors you're getting I'm beginning to lean towards corrupted system files.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users