PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Can I Remove Recurring Optional Updates From Appearing? - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can I Remove Recurring Optional Updates From Appearing?

#1 User is offline   artman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

I am running Windows 7 Professional. Automatic updates tells me I have optional updates (Windows Live Essentials) ready to install which includes a bunch of stuff I don't want to install on my machine. Is there any way I can tell automatic update not to show Windows Live Essentials as an optional update which I never check to install?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by artman: 11 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

#2 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

In the list of updates, right-click the one you don't want, and click Hide Update, then accept the UAC prompt.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#3 User is offline   artman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

View PostLiveBrianD, on 11 February 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

In the list of updates, right-click the one you don't want, and click Hide Update, then accept the UAC prompt.

Thanks very much!

#4 User is online   scrabbleroad 

• Pip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

in vista home premium, latest sp2 and updates jan 2011, when i mouse click on top of open folder it maximizes, not always but many times. Is this a new feature? For years I've moved open folders around the desktop when needed, now it's become a real problem?

There doesn't seem to be an option to disable this feature. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

#5 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

View Postscrabbleroad, on 12 February 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

in vista home premium, latest sp2 and updates jan 2011, when i mouse click on top of open folder it maximizes, not always but many times. Is this a new feature? For years I've moved open folders around the desktop when needed, now it's become a real problem?

There doesn't seem to be an option to disable this feature. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Are you double-clicking the window? Since Windows 95 (or earlier), that maximizes it. Perhaps something's wrong with your mouse.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users