PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Ability For My Laptop To Recognize When Connecting Phone Via Usb - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ability For My Laptop To Recognize When Connecting Phone Via Usb

#1 User is offline   AmyShepherdBucobloj 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

When I first got my LG Vortex I could plug it into my laptop and put music on my phone transfer pictures to and from phone. Now, my laptop wont recognize my phone being connected at all. I have 3 usb ports on my laptop and neither of them seem to be working with my phone. USB Thumb Drives are no problem.
Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? What happened that now I can't do any of the computer stuff with my phone with my laptop. I have to wait until my husband goes to work and use his desktop computer.
I have a Compaq Presario CQ62.
Thank you for any and all help.

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

View PostAmyShepherdBucobloj, on 06 April 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

When I first got my LG Vortex I could plug it into my laptop and put music on my phone transfer pictures to and from phone. Now, my laptop wont recognize my phone being connected at all. I have 3 usb ports on my laptop and neither of them seem to be working with my phone. USB Thumb Drives are no problem.
Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? What happened that now I can't do any of the computer stuff with my phone with my laptop. I have to wait until my husband goes to work and use his desktop computer.

How did you disconnect the phone from the laptop in the past when you were done? Did you properly "disconnect" it using the "Safely Remove Hardware" function (http://windows.micro...m-your-computer)? Or did you just yank the cable out when you were done without using the "Safely Remove Hardware" function?
Good riddance PCWorld.

#3 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

Phone not detected, weird, is the memory card still in the phone?

Have you tried bitpim? http://www.bitpim.org/
bitpim is good for detecting phones, extracting text messages, and saving/backing up your contacts. If bitpim sees your phone, your computer should see your phone, which begs the question, what application or method did you use to get pictures off of your phone?

Have you tried putting your phone into USB mass storage mode?
Even the experts started out as beginners

#4 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

When you plug it in, do you see a USB icon appear on the bar at the top of the screen?

If you do, touch the bar, pull it down, and select USB. You'll get a menu of ways in which the phone is supposed to react to the USB connection.

Lincoln

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users