• You cannot reply to this topic

Ipv6.

#1 User is offline   A41202813 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

Hello,

I Have A THOMSON SPEEDTOUCH ST516v6 Router.

Anyone Knows If It Is Compatible With IPV6, Or Do I Need To Switch To A New Router When IPV6 Becomes Mainstream ?

Thank You.

#2 User is offline   ElfBane 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

View PostA41202813, on 13 April 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Hello,

I Have A THOMSON SPEEDTOUCH ST516v6 Router.

Anyone Knows If It Is Compatible With IPV6, Or Do I Need To Switch To A New Router When IPV6 Becomes Mainstream ?

Thank You.

It depends on whether the sites you surf to will use "double-stacking" during the transition phase, which will take years most likely. Almost certainly any commercial site will double-stack (double-stacking is required to handle both protocols). Your router is probably NOT IPv6 compatible, but it's hard to find Thomson IPv6 compatibilty info on the web. Here are some sites for further research;
--An IPv6 compatibility test...
http://www.pcreview....y-t4033738.html
--A list of current hardware thats IPv6 ready ... http://www.ipv6ready.org/?page=home
Good luck.

#3 User is offline   A41202813 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

Thank You, ElfBane.

#4 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

This will depend on the ISP. If they change or provide you with a new router then, it will most likely be ready
for IPv6 but, they also have to change their equipment to provide you with the proper connectivity. This , I'm
afraid, will not happen for some time yet. You could access IPv6 sites but, you will have to do it through a
Tunneling program. The one MS uses at the moment is called Toredo. I believe I provided you with the
proper links to those Tunneling programs in an other thread.

FLASHORN.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#5 User is offline   A41202813 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

Yes, When I Asked About IPV4 / IPV6 Conversion You Did Talk About This, TEREDO Or TOREDO, Technology.

I Bought This Router In DECEMBER 2007, It Only Allows A Single RJ45 Connection, And Back Then VODAFONE Only Had ADSL.

Now, FIBER Is Growing, And, I Believe, The Only Routers VODAFONE Provides Are WiFi.

Is It Possible To Block Any WiFi Communication In / Out Of The New Routers And Use Exclusively Wired RJ45s ?

I Would Prefer Not To Use WiFi At All, Because, Basically, I Use Only One Computer.

TYAA, Flashorn.

---

This post has been edited by A41202813: 15 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

#6 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hi A!

OK, I went to Vodafone Protugal (no, I don't speak Spanish but, being French, it's close enough) and saw that they still have your Router for
sale . They also have another one with 4 R-J45 input with WiFi for 14.65 Euro. The price is lower than in the picture.

https://loja.vodafon...Router_WIFI.htm

Posted Image

Unless you have the need to change, I believe that the one you have now will suffice for your needs.
IF you decide to change to FIOS then, a new router might be needed. But, in the mean time, if you
keep your DSL connection, I wouldn't bother with an upgrade

To answer your question :
Yes, WiFi can be Disabled in the Router itself and by You. It's very simple to do. You will have an IP address that you insert in the Address Bar
of your Browser and click on the Go button. this will open up the router config page where, you will insert your Login name and password.
Once that's done and tyou have clicked on the OK button then, you can access the Router's configurations. You will have access to the
Firewall along with the Wireless options and other configurations (open certain ports or close them ect.)

Follow the screen shots

Address Bar:

Posted Image

Gives you Login screen when you click on the Go button : (address bar) This is mine. Your's might be a little different

Posted Image

Once in the Router's config page, you will get something similar to this :

Posted Image

Simply follow the instructions from which configuration you will wan to change.

Hope this answers your question A.

FLASHORN.

This post has been edited by Flashorn: 15 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#7 User is offline   A41202813 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

Thank You, Again, Flashorn.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic