• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Youtube...

#1 User is offline   spiderowych 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:52 AM

Do I break some rules if I merge some songs like some kind of remix and put it on youtube???

#2 User is offline   A41202813 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

@spiderowych

Poking Hornets Nests Is Never A Good Idea.

#3 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

If they think there was copywrite infringement, they will remove it. Otherwise it will stay up.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#4 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

Go to youtube, search "<insert name of popular song> parody", and you'll find tons of results. Clearly, they don't really care.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#5 User is offline   ElfBane 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

View Postspiderowych, on 11 November 2011 - 04:52 AM, said:

Do I break some rules if I merge some songs like some kind of remix and put it on youtube???

Aslong as you can pull it off as a parody/satire/spoof, you're Ok.

#6 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

I've been researching this question.

What's the worst that can happen? You could lose your Youtubeaccount, but only if you're a repeat offender.

And what's the best? Either the copyright holder neverdiscovers your "crime," or--better yet--they decide not to challenge it.This could happen if they want to get advertising revenue from it, or if theyfeel that it helps promote their work.

But if the copyright owner complains, Youtube will eithertake down your video, or alter it, removing the offending audio. You'll have achance to respond; check out YouTube's Copyrightcounter-notifications for details on how you should do this. You might also want to check out YouTube's <a href="http://www.youtube.com/t/howto_copyright">Copyright Tips andexplanation of FairUse.

You have another option: You could go to the copyrightholder and try to convince them to give you retroactive permission. But ifwe're talking about a major artist or record company, you can pretty muchforget about this approach. You probably won't even get the right person on thephone. And if you do, they'll likely ask for a very large licensing fee.

When YouTube takes down your video, they give you one "strike." Three strikes, and you're out ofYouTube--your account is closed. According to YouTube's GeneralPolicy Enforcement page, strikes "may expire in 6 months," butsearch the Web for youtube strikes goaway and you'll find plenty of complaints to the contrary.

So what can you do to protect your video creations? Althoughthe major labels aren't interested in your situation, small, independentmusicians will likely feel otherwise. Check with them beforehand, and offer tocredit them onscreen, and they might give you permission. After all, if yourvideo goes viral, so will their music.

There's also plenty of free music on the Web. Try searchingfor creative commons music download andyou'll find plenty of tunes. But when you pick a tune, be careful to read theconditions on free use of that particular music.

Lincoln

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users