• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"reverse" Syncing Dolphin Hd Bookmarks FROM phone TO computer

#1 User is offline   JimH443 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

While I'm out, I use my phone for web browsing. I use Dolphin HD, and have stored many bookmarks with it. What I would like to be able to do is to sync my computer's browser (currently Firefox) to the newly added Dolphin HD bookmarks (copying them FROM the phone TO the computer). I have found several web pages that describe in great detail how to do it the opposite way, but almost nothing about what I want to do. The sole exception is Xmarks... which costs money to implement. Surely Dolphin's been out long enough that there's SOMEONE out there with an app (either for FroYo or Win7) that can take the bookmarks from Dolphin and incorporate them into (or at least make them available to) a desktop's browser.

#2 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostJimH443, on 16 March 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

While I'm out, I use my phone for web browsing. I use Dolphin HD, and have stored many bookmarks with it. What I would like to be able to do is to sync my computer's browser (currently Firefox) to the newly added Dolphin HD bookmarks (copying them FROM the phone TO the computer). I have found several web pages that describe in great detail how to do it the opposite way, but almost nothing about what I want to do. The sole exception is Xmarks... which costs money to implement. Surely Dolphin's been out long enough that there's SOMEONE out there with an app (either for FroYo or Win7) that can take the bookmarks from Dolphin and incorporate them into (or at least make them available to) a desktop's browser.

Can you export the bookmarks in Dolphin to an HTML file? Then, you can import them to another browser like Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#3 User is offline   JimH443 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostLiveBrianD, on 16 March 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

Can you export the bookmarks in Dolphin to an HTML file? Then, you can import them to another browser like Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.

If there is, I haven't found it.

#4 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

I just read that there's an app called "Bookmarks to SD" that can do that.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#5 User is offline   JimH443 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostLiveBrianD, on 16 March 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

I just read that there's an app called "Bookmarks to SD" that can do that.

Thank you! I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it does look promising.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users