Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gaining Full Admin Rights

#1 User is offline   LouieB62 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

I am using a computer that has an administrator account on it and obviously it is password protected. This admin has disabled the command prompt. Tried a few methods...one of which was creating a Linux Ubuntu boot disc. The problem is i cannot install an iso recorded to create this disc, without admin rights, so i am going in circles here....any advice or other methods would be appreciated. If it helps i am running windows XP Service Pack 3...but the boot image says Vista Inspiriat.

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hi and welcome to the forums. Is XP what was installed in the Machine ? It would be on the COA sticker on the back of the machine if a desktop or the bottom if a laptop. Never heard of Vista Inspiriat. Vista Home, Vista Home Premium, Vista Professional, & Vista Ultimate.

UPDATE: Here is one way, but will require a Windows Installation disk of the same OS. http://www.ehow.com/...windows-xp.html

This post has been edited by coastie65: 06 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#3 User is offline   LouieB62 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

@coastie65 thanks I'll check out that further when I get a chance, unfortunately I don't have a windows disk.

#4 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

FWIW, I have Windows ISOs in my sig (but not license keys - you should have one on the bottom of the machine if a laptop, or the side/top if a desktop).
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#5 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

I've been doing some research on this.

I like the TrinityRescue Kit. It hasn't been updated in two years, but it still works like achamp.

Trinity downloads as an .iso file, which you can burn to a bootableCD. You can also use the Universal USB Installer to createa bootable flash drive. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see Bootdiscs explained: An overview of booting your PC from something other than yourhard drive.)

When you boot Trinity, you'll find yourself in an ugly,text-based environment. But not a difficult one. From the initial menu, select Windows password resetting.

At the next prompt, select Winpass with prompt for username first, then enter the login namefor the administrator account.

Most of the options will be easy to pick. When you get tothe User Edit Menu prompt, select the first option, Clear (blank) user password. That will allow you to boot into theadministrator account without entering a password.

Once in Windows, created a new password for theAdministrator account. And remember it.

Lincoln

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users