Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Password Managers

#1 User is offline   mgentry2 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'm looking for password managers that keep track of both online passwords and desktop application passwords (Outlook, Quicken, etc.). I've searched password managers on line but I can't tell if they cover both passwords online and desktop. I'm hoping to find one password manager that will keep track of both online passwords and desktop passwords so I don't have to get two individual password managers. I'm running Windows 8. Do you know of any password manager that cover both online and desktop applications? Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

View Postmgentry2, on 22 May 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

I'm looking for password managers that keep track of both online passwords and desktop application passwords (Outlook, Quicken, etc.). I've searched password managers on line but I can't tell if they cover both passwords online and desktop. I'm hoping to find one password manager that will keep track of both online passwords and desktop passwords so I don't have to get two individual password managers. I'm running Windows 8. Do you know of any password manager that cover both online and desktop applications? Thanks in advance for your help.

I use PasswordSafe, and store both browser and application passwords there. You manually save passwords, so you can save any passwords you like. I even keep my credit card numbers in it for easy access with shopping online.

It doesn't integrate with the browser the way some others do, but the autotype makes it reasonably easy to log onto a site.

It's opensource, and is available in several platforms. I also use it on my iPad and Android phone.

Lincoln

#3 User is offline   Szczecinianin 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

Hi and welcome,

You may also try PINs, it's free and packed with features. Reviews are good, too. I don't use password managers as I avoid creating accounts when I only want, say,  to comment every now and then. This makes the number of passwords to remember lower. Mailbox(es), some forums, stuff like Dropbox... that should be enough, just the necessary  things. And I don't buy online, so don't have to worry about ,well, PINs.   

#4 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

I use 1Password. It does integrate with browsers, so you can automatically have it filling login information (as wells as things like address, etc).

You can also store "secure notes" as well as things like credit card numbers, application license numbers, and generic account information.

There is a Mac version and Windows version as well as iOS and Android versions. You can then use DropBox to keep your passwords synced across all devices.

This post has been edited by smax013: 30 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Good riddance PCWorld.

#5 User is offline   orlbuckeye 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

I use KeePass at work. I allows you to store windows passwords under Windows and Internet under intenet. It's a hierarchial type folder system like Windows Explorer. The section it has are Windows, Network, Internet, Email and Home banking. It also is password protected so if you forget your password to it you will be locked out.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB with Jelly Bean 4.1.2
Samsung Galaxy SIII - AT&T 16 GB with 32 SSD GB Android 4.3

[A} Acer Aspire V5-571P-6648
Intel® 2nd Generation Core™ i3
8 GB DDR3 1066 RAM will upgrade to 8GB soon
High-definition widescreen 15.6" LED-backlit with multitouch support (1366 x 768)
500 GB SATA (5400 rpm)
Intel® HD Graphics 3000 128 MB
Blacklit Keyboard
5.5 pounds
Windows 8 Pro

Acer Aspire AS8950G-9839
Intel Core i7 2630QM (2.0GHZ) 16 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
18.4" (1920 x 1080)
240 GB OCZ Agility SSD, 750 GB 5400 RPM BD Combo
Added Intel 6200 Wireless Card
AMD Radeon HD 6850M 2GB DDR3 VRAM
Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate

Acer Aspire 9810
Intel® Core™2 Duo processor
T7200/T7400/T7600 with (4 MB L2 cache, 2.0/2.16/2.33 GHz)
4 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory(dual-channel support)
NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7600 with 256 MB of external GDDR2 VRAM
20.1" WSXGA+ high-brightness (300-nit) Acer CrystalBrite™ TFT LCD, 1680 x 1050 pixel resolution

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users