PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Wireless Connection But Cant Get Connected To Internet - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wireless Connection But Cant Get Connected To Internet Wireless

#1 User is offline   B2CAC 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:23 AM

I've just set up a wireless network. However, I'm unable to connect my Advent 4213 notebook to the internet even though the wirelss adapter sees the wireless network. I have tried, with and without, WEP security but still won't connect. I also have Samsung NC10 that was displaying the same symtoms, but it was only when I found the Samsung network manager program on the notebook that I was able to set up a connection. Is there a similar program that is used with the Advent.

#2 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:35 AM

Hi, B2CAC.

As I understand it, you've been able to connect one PC to the WiFi network, but not the other. Correct?

Have you tried connecting the Advent to another network--say, at a cafe? That would tell us if the problem is with the laptop or the router.

Lincoln

#3 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:46 AM

View PostB2CAC, on 08 October 2009 - 10:23 AM, said:

I've just set up a wireless network. However, I'm unable to connect my Advent 4213 notebook to the internet even though the wirelss adapter sees the wireless network. I have tried, with and without, WEP security but still won't connect. I also have Samsung NC10 that was displaying the same symtoms, but it was only when I found the Samsung network manager program on the notebook that I was able to set up a connection. Is there a similar program that is used with the Advent.

View PostLincolnSpector, on 09 October 2009 - 05:35 AM, said:

Have you tried connecting the Advent to another network--say, at a cafe? That would tell us if the problem is with the laptop or the router.

Hi b2cac and welcome to the PCWorld Communities. :D

In addition to Lincoln's suggestion, have you tried to connect the laptop directly to the modem just to make sure you can actually get on the internet at all?
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users