Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dll Files corrupt and missing DLL file

#1 User is offline   debt 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:02 PM

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix a Trogan horse DLL file..
I have this C:\window\infamiqayoq.dll file that was corrupt by a Trojan
horse and not sure what this file is or if it can be replaced.. but every
time I restart my computer it tells me this file cannot be found. Does anyone know what this file is? I think I saw someplace where it said it was a digtal image file but what function does it provide I have no clue. Therefore not sure how to replace it or if it can be deleted all together.

It is located in my anti virus vault and not sure what to do with it from there.
if anyone can help with this problem that would be great..
deb

#2 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:34 AM

View Postdebt, on 08 February 2010 - 12:02 PM, said:

time I restart my computer it tells me this file cannot be found. Does anyone know what this file is? I think I saw someplace where it said it was a digtal image file but what function does it provide I have no clue. Therefore not sure how to replace it or if it can be deleted all together.

It is located in my anti virus vault and not sure what to do with it from there.
deb

Hi, Deb, and welcome to the forum. I know you already asked me this question via email, and I'm glad you then decided to post it here. Always best to get more than one opinion.

I'll repeat what I wrote you privately, so that others can read it and comment on it:

That file is the trojan and has no valid purpose. Now that it's quarantined, best to let the security program delete it entirely.

But what about that error message every time you boot? With the file gone, the message is just a harmless annoyance. But still best to get rid of it. See Stop Those Annoying Boot-Up Error Messages. The tip is getting old (I should revisit the topic) but it should still help.

You can, of course, skip the parts about trying to figure out what and where the missing file is, since you already know.

Lincoln

#3 User is offline   debt 

• Pip

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

View PostLincolnSpector, on 09 February 2010 - 09:34 AM, said:

deb

Hi, Deb, and welcome to the forum. I know you already asked me this question via email, and I'm glad you then decided to post it here. Always best to get more than one opinion.

I'll repeat what I wrote you privately, so that others can read it and comment on it:

That file is the trojan and has no valid purpose. Now that it's quarantined, best to let the security program delete it entirely.

But what about that error message every time you boot? With the file gone, the message is just a harmless annoyance. But still best to get rid of it. See Stop Those Annoying Boot-Up Error Messages. The tip is getting old (I should revisit the topic) but it should still help.

You can, of course, skip the parts about trying to figure out what and where the missing file is, since you already know.

Lincoln

#4 User is offline   debt 

• Pip

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:55 AM

View Postdebt, on 09 February 2010 - 09:52 AM, said:

View PostLincolnSpector, on 09 February 2010 - 09:34 AM, said:

deb

Lincoln

Thank you so much for the help, very much appreciate it...
deb

#5 User is offline   SpiritWind 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hi Deb :

A "Trojan" usually has more than 1 "file/dll" ;
did your antivirus program give more info about
the "Trojan", like saying it is a "Downloader",
"Backdoor", etc !? The fact that you are getting
"Error Message(s)" while it is in Quarantine
implies there is more malware still on your
computer, undetected by your antivirus program
( this is NOT unusual ). What is the Name of your
antivirus program ?

Have you run other security programs, such as
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or "SUPERAntiSpyware",
BOTH of which come in a FREE version, to see
WHAT they might possibly "Detect" ?
For the very Best in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com

#6 User is offline   debt 

• Pip

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

View PostSpiritWind, on 09 February 2010 - 11:24 AM, said:

Hi Deb :

A "Trojan" usually has more than 1 "file/dll" ;
did your antivirus program give more info about
the "Trojan", like saying it is a "Downloader",
"Backdoor", etc !? The fact that you are getting
"Error Message(s)" while it is in Quarantine
implies there is more malware still on your
computer, undetected by your antivirus program
( this is NOT unusual ). What is the Name of your
antivirus program ?

Have you run other security programs, such as
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or "SUPERAntiSpyware",
BOTH of which come in a FREE version, to see
WHAT they might possibly "Detect" ?

I have Avg anti-virus and Malwarebytes anti malware. I did run both of those and there was some malware that I removed, so yes from running Anti=malware I did find other files that the trogan horse attached too. there was another DLL file along with the C:\windwos\ufamiqayoq.dll HilotiM and it was C:windows\labdbdsu.dll HilotiL
the only error message that I am getting now is when Windows starts up telling me that the C/windows\ufamiqayoq.dll module can't be found. other than that everything is working fine.
I was just concerned on what these DLL files were and if I needed them in order for windows to work properly.
I do try to keep my anti-virus up to date and run Anti-Malware every once in awhile..
deb

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users